Chapter 11

I think I'm gonna update every Monday, just so I have some sort of update schedule.

(Connors P.O.V)

As we walked back to (y/n)'s house, I did some research on what we just did. From what I could figure out, what we did was considered a 'kiss' and it's what people do when they like or love one another.

What I wasn't able to understand was why she 'kissed' me, or why I went along with it. It just felt right to wrap my arms around her like that and to hold her close. It even made my Thirium pump skip a beat, which it has never done before.

Thinking about all of this made me heat up, to the point where I thought I'd overheat.

"Connor?"

I turned my head to look at (y/n), who was looking at me with a concerned face. One eyebrow slightly raised, and a very small frown on her lips.

"Are you okay?"

How do I answer that? How do I know what 'okay' is considered as? All I know is that I'm not able to understand what happened exactly eight minutes ago, and that wasn't okay to me. I'm not programmed to be questioning these things, and it's really concerning me. Maybe Amanda knows what's happening to me.

"Yes. I'm okay" I turned away from her, noticing her frown deepen a bit.

"Don't overthink it"

"What do you mean?"

"I can tell you're thinking about the kiss. Don't let it bother you, I really shouldn't have done it anyway"

I wanted to tell her she was wrong for some reason, that it was fine that she did it. But I couldn't bring myself to say it.

"I know you'll never be able to like me back. It's just wishful thinking"

I once again couldn't bring myself to say anything. She was right, I'm not programmed to 'like' anyone. I'm programmed to complete tasks. That's what I was built to do.

I'm a machine. A machine that's not allowed to have feelings. A machine is all I'll ever be.

A glanced back at (y/n), her eyes looking down at Hazel who was in front of us, a hint of a smile on her lips.

Maybe I don't need to be an emotionless machine forever. I'm allowed to have feelings, I'm allowed to like someone if I want to.

"(Y/n)-"

My vision was suddenly filled with red and big error sign started flashing until everything went black as I felt shut down.

(Y/N P.O.V)

"(Y/n)-"

I turned to look at Connor, who suddenly collapsed onto the sidewalk. Hazel jumped slightly and rushed over to him, and began licking his face all over.

I dropped to my knees and shook him slightly, panic rising into my chest. His LED was completely blank, so he must've powered off for some reason.

Thankfully, we're almost to my house. I attempted to lift Connor, but considering he was basically a ton of plastic, he proved to be heavy.

I decided to drag him down the street, earning a few odd looks from passerby's. I would've yelled at them for not helping me, but I was too focused on getting Connor to my house.

After less than a minute, we were at my house. I quickly unlocked my door and let Hazel run inside before me, then I quickly pulled Connor inside.

I pulled Connor onto the couch, then quickly called Hank.

"Hello?" His voice came through the phone, and I could easily tell he had been drinking. I guess Gavin isn't the only one who enjoys day drinking.