Chapter 5 (No Choice)

***
Saïda's POV:

I was busy talking to Noure, a guy I crushed on and to whom my hand had been promised to, in marriage. His parents were good friends with my father, as well as the sultan. It was said that, once I would turn twenty, I would marry him. It was perfect because by then, I would have already had my first degree and would be done with my training as Royal adviser. It was perfect.

"You look amazing, Saïda." he said with a smile and I felt my cheeks burn.

"Thank you." I smiled shyly and he smiled back.

"Can I admit something?" he started and I giggled.

"Mmhmm."

He leaned over till his lips were close to my ear. Goosebumps covered my skin in a sweet way. Oh it was turning into something more than a crush. I was slowly falling in love.

"I can't wait for you to finally be mine." I stopped breathing, "I'm impatient to make you my wife, Saïda."

We'd never kissed and saw each other once in a while, just as tradition wanted it. We would have all the time to be with each other, once married. For now, all we had to do was to be patient. One thing our families ignored was that, we texted and called each other a lot. The more we met during the rare occasions, the more we grew fond of each other, right after.
-
With pink cheeks, I looked up at him.

"I can't wait to be your wife, either." I murmured, shyly staring at my feet.

"Hey, you!" someone called and we both turned to see Zhou, quickly make her way through the crowd to join us.

"M– me?" I asked, confused.

"Yes." she frowned, "You're the servant girl, right? The Prince's personal maid?"

I stared in disbelief. What had she just called me?

"I'm his assistant and soon to be, Royal adviser." I corrected, frowning too.

"Whatever. Where is he??" she demanded and I stared at her, wide eyed.

"How am I to know? Weren't you with him?"

"I was, but since the sultan called him, I haven't seen him."

'Sultan called him? The sultan is busy receiving the most important guests in his special lounge... He would never call Asahd when he expects the Prince to be with you, Zhou.'

Asahd had probably lied to get rid of her. I was beginning to understand why. The girl was a pest! They matched perfectly.

"I don't know where he is, and you just interrupted me." I frowned.

"You should know. It's your job to know."

I was very tempted to spank her hard across the face.

"Noure?" I grabbed his hand "Let's leave this hysterical person all by herself."

"What?? How dare you??"