|15|

The star showers looked extremely good on the sky for once. Cassie was resting against Lewis' chest when the first star fell. She was drawing the compass on the middle of his chest, her eyes trailed on the mirror across from the bed. Lewis was staring at the ceiling and Cassie could just stare at the mirror.

Femi had stayed with Sia and Daniel and Cassie thought about her frequently from the moment she woke up, but she didn't want to break the trance she was in. After the years they were apart she'd learnt to give in to some emotions.

She shook her head lightly and sniffed her nose. Lewis tangled his hand softly in her hair.

"What is it, love?" He asked and Cassie breathed in, nuzzling closer to him.

"Femi's birth was a hard one. The doctor was scared for a moment. I drove myself to the hospital and left with the same way. I didn't want to call my parents. Daniel and Nando were in a race. My sister was somewhere in Cambodia saving same extinct species of lizards." She shook her head again and grasped him across the chest tightly. "I remember screaming at the doctor to take Femi with cesarean, the rest was a blur. I don't remember hearing her cry or anything. Probably the scariest thing I have done."

"Cassie," he held her against him as close as he could. "You shouldn't have been alone. I should have been there."

"No. It made me stronger. Ruthless. You wouldn't have been there. It was a race day anyway. I wouldn't have let you stay just as I didn't let Daniel."

"Great, the shoey-man would have seen my daughter being born while I was running myself to death."

"Don't be an ass. Dani cares, he's spoiled her too much. Just as Fernando does."

"I can't believe you named my kid after Alonso."

"He insisted. I was searching for another name since I wouldn't want to name her after my mother."

"Why?"

"Would you want your kid named Bellatrix?"

"What's it with your family and stars?"

Cassie rose on her forearm and smiled at him. "Both of my grandfathers were astrophysicists."

He hummed and looked at her. "Your family is weird. And I thought mine was complicated."

"Don't bother my dad's in a special cult and God knows what else. We have years to see each other."

"I want to tell Femi that I'm her dad."

"You're in for a treat. She can be an angel and a demon at the same time. Especially on race days. She stands before the TV screaming for Daniel and Nando. She's their greatest fan."

"That's going to change. My girl is gonna be my greatest fan." He smiled sweetly.

Cassie laughed and grinned. "Look at you. Aren't you cute like this? I want to pinch your cheeks."

He laughed and twisted around, pressing Cassie to the bed beneath him. "Not if I pinch you first, momma."

"You're being disgusting, daddy."

"Oh, I like this."

Cassie grabbed a pillow from beside her and hit Lewis on the head with it. "Behave." She told him as he laughed.

~ ~ ~

Daniel and Sia brought Femi to Lewis' room at midday. She bounced around tugging Daniel's hand as she tried to get him to the other direction towards the lift and somewhere across the street at the ice cream shop.