Chapter 14

If only I had my blades. I tsk and go to punch Reiner when I see Mikasa with her gear, attacking Berthlodt. I jump off Reiner and Mikasa immediately slices their arm. I look up to them and see sparks of electricity around. Shit.

Louds explosive noises fill the air. I feel a hot arm grab me and the smoke envelops me. The Colossal Titan has me. I move around, but to no avail. The smoke is too much, I can barely breathe.

Soon I fall unconscious.

***

I open an eye and scan my surrounding. The Forest Of Giant Trees? Really? I see Reiner next to me and talking to Berthlodt. Eren is also near Berthlodt, and the same for Ymir. I close my eyes and listen to Reiner and Berthlodt's conversation.

"You weren't supposed to hurt her in anyway idiot! Imagine what they'll do if they see her skin so red!" Reiner gives out to Berthlodt. No shit they shouldn't have hurt me. My skin feels so sensitive at the moment.

"Well, if we planned it properly, maybe you would have carried her and that would have resulted better." I hear Berthlodt comeback. I've never heard him sound so... Aggressive.

I stand up and walk over to Eren, I should forget pretending to still be unconscious, its not helping anyone. "Y-Y/N!" Reiner says.

"Shut it or I will make you shit blood." I glance at him. I slap Eren across the face and he gains conscious. He looks around alarmed before his eyes land on me. "Stay calm." I whisper. I sit back down and stare down Reiner. The one I used to trust. I chuckle at the thought. Those Days...

"Eren, I'm sorry about your arms. I was in a hurry to remove you from your Titan form and I forgot to take your arms into consideration. Y/N I'm sorry about the sensitive skin, I would've carried you, but I ended up fighting Eren." Reiner says. My lip twitches. He's seriously apologising.

"While your at it, apologise for kidnapping us." I add, "Where are you taking us?" Eren asks, a bit more civil than I am.

"Our Hometown." Reiner says.

"Yeah, where? Outside the Walls?" I ask.

"Yes." Berthlodt answers. These guys are ridiculous. Eren goes to bite his hand but Ymir stops him.

"Don't bother." She says.

"When are we leaving?" I ask Reiner. His eyes light up and he says, "Nightfall, we will have the strength by then and the Titans will be immobile."

"What about the Titans at the Castle? They weren't immobile" Ymir asks.

"These ones will be, you of all people should know that Ymir." Reiner answer. Ymir of all people? What does she know? I glance at her face to see a blank expression.

"Okay," I say, "Give me a few reasons why I should go to your 'hometown' and if I'm satisfied, I won't struggle." Reiner and Berthlodt both glance at each other.

"Y/N!" Eren yells at me, clearly horrified.

"Its your hometown too, you're not like them." Berthlodt says. I scoff and look between the two, searching for an answer.

"If you come, you'll find out everything about your bracelet." Reiner says. I remember all the times I talked to Reiner about my bracelet, we used to theorize on why there is no clasp. Usually, all the reasons were stupid. Now he's using it against me.

"If I wanted to find out more on my bracelet, I would just break it." I lie. Reiner sees through this and smirks. I told him before I would never ever break it.

How could I have trusted such a villain?

"The L/N Clan and Bloodline." Berthlodt says.

"What?" I instantly reply.

"You'll find out stuff on that too." Berthlodt looks down.

"I think that's enough reasons." Reiner finishes.

"Why do you want Eren?" I ask.

"To complete the mission." Reiner glances at Eren to see his arms still regenerating.

"What's the mission?"

"I told you its to eradicate humanity."

"Why?" I ask.

"We should start thinking of how we are leaving." Berthlodt says, ignoring me.

"Yes. If Annie was here we could take turns running but I don't know how I will manage to run all the way." Reiner adds.

"Why do you want to destroy humanity?" I ask more adamantly. They remain silent.

"Answer the question." Eren says. I would beat them up if I could, but my skin still hurts all over. Shit. I need as much information as possible so in case we get back, we can tell the Commander.

There's silence until I see yellow flares in the distance. They're here! I pretend not to notice, but Ymir who does, stands up and stares at the flares, eyes widened. Way to give it away.

Reiner, Berthlodt and Eren all turn to see what she is looking at. Suddenly Reiner speaks.

"Look Ymir, you can save yourself or follow us and ensure a safe future for you and Christa. Your choice." Ymir face goes hard and I can tell she is debating this.

"Wait... Who is the enemy here?!" Eren suddenly asks.

We all go silent.

"Reiner, if we do this properly, we can finally go home." Berthlodt says, looking Reiner in the eye.

"Yes, my mind is clear now." Reiner answers seriously. Reiner goes to Eren and wraps his arm around Eren's neck, choking him. My eyes widen and I go over to Eren, but I can't get Reiner off, due to how sensitive my skin feels.

"Walls." I curse. Eren falls unconscious and Reiner turns to me. "If they don't see any visible marks, they will never know" He says before preforming the same move on me. I struggle, but to no avail.

Soon I fall into a deep darkness.

***

I slowly open my eyes to see myself resting on someone's back. I slowly rise, but wince when I feel the cold air blowing my skin, that doesn't feel any better.

"Cadet!" I hear a voice. But not just any voice, its the Commander.

"Sir!... Oh My Walls your arm Sir!" I say shocked.

"Ignore that Cadet," How is it possible to ignore a shoulder dripping with blood? "Are you okay?"

"Yes Sir!" I reply.

"Okay, we will discuss everything when we arrive back in the HQ. Rest now. The Mission to retrieve Eren and You was successful and we will learn many things now." He says.

"Yes." I yawn.

"Sleep Cadet." He says. I lay again on his back and close my eyes.

***