Ch. 13 - Unpaid (edited)

Hi Love! Ugh!
------------------------

ZED'S POV:

She collapsed.

Great thing that my reflexes are pretty good.

I picked her up quickly.

I hate panicking but I can't help it. I rushed her to the pack doctor.

The sight of the clinic makes me want to spit in pure rage and anger.
The facility offers medical assistance but the big problem here is that the one WHO offers medical assistance is a MAN.

Why can't it be just a shewolf in order for everyone to be safe and happy?

Dr. Brown opens the emergency room for us in haste.
He studies my mate just by looking.

At first, Dr. Brown hesitated to touch her because of my constant growling.
Actually, it's Zac, not me.

Realizing there's no other options now, I looked away, permitting him to touch her.

I remember how light and pale she is. Is she familiar with the word "eating"? I snorted.

While Dr. Brown checks her up.
His brows were in line as he stares at her.

"What's wrong with her?" I hissed.

"She's----- She's physically injured."

I blinked my eyes. "That's----- No way!"

Dr. Brown traces her ribs, making me growl.
I don't like him touching my mate. No sane wolf wants to!

"Zed... I need to-----

I cut him off. By the looks of how he motions his hands, he wants to see my mate's ribs or tummy, I don't really know.

"No fucking way!" I snarled.

"Just---

"What the..."
My eyes widen as I noticed a faded scar in her right hips. I furrowed my brows and tries to get a closer look.

There really is a scar!

I swallowed.

Curiosity pushed me to raise the hem of her shirt and found out faded bruises.

The bruises are all over her abdomen.

I gasped in horror.

It's red violet with a little shade of green.

I swear I could see red.

"Who did this?!" I asked with my voice so low but dangerous at him.

He blinks his eyes. "I-I don't know."

I snapped at him. "Who the fuck did this to her?!"

"I really d-don't know..."
His head bow to submission.

His silence and submission is the least of my concerns right now! "I need her previous medical records!"

He stutters. "I-I d-dont have them."

"What kind of doctor are you?" I roared.

He took a step back. His trembling is a pretty visible right now.

"Let me ask you again really quick, Mr. Brown... Who the fuck did this to her?!"

"I-I really d-don't know, Z-Zed. I----

Hearing his reply kick me out of my last hold.
I threw him literally at the door.

I fixed my hair by letting my fingers ran through it while making my way slowly towards him,
"Now Dr. Brown, professionally speaking, what caused her bruises? Where did she get that?! Unprofessionally speaking, tell me who the fuck did that! Even if you're unsure of your answer or you just heard them from rumors!" I hissed.

He just lowered his gaze with voice so low.
"I don't-----

I did not let him finish his sentence and threw him on the other side of the room.
"That's a shame, Dr. Brown. You're one pretty useless pup."

"T-The Alpha ordered me not to k-keep medical records of C-Collins since she's not an official pack member. I-I just followed the Alpha's order."

His excuse got me high. Why the fuck will my father forbid something like this?
This shit isn't reasonable!

"So you think that you're are making things lighter now by telling me that the Alpha, which happens to be my father, ordered you not to keep Pink's medical records, huh? Is that it??"

"I-I do not wish to offend you, Zed."

"W-Well, that's tough because you just did."

I didn't wait for his reply as I punched him on the jaw.
Hearing his dislocated bone somehow feels justice not to me but for my mate.

I went to his side and punched it.
"You should be thanking the Goddess that I am not the Alpha yet because if this happened later, then you'd be one medical rogue, Dr. Brown." I seethed.
"Now how about you start being useful and find her medical records for me? What do you think??"

His lips tremble as he nods.

I cracked my knuckles.
They're a little itchy for a punch.
"Oh, let me rephrase the last line for you, Brown, What are you waiting for?"

"I will send the records the soonest to you, I swear."

I tapped her right cheeks,
"Good boy. Now that you made something that pissed me way too much shit, you'll do hard just for me to forget this fateful day. You'll work hard to redeem yourself."

He nodded and scrambles his way outside.

I turn to Pink.
It's just then that I realize how tired and beat she looks.

I cold thing squeezed my heart, making my fists clenched.

I will make them pay, that's a promise!

Whoever did this to you, they will not get away unpaid!