Glenn- Six

"Jesus," Nathan breathed and Glenn looked up from his phone, clicking the screen off as Nate dropped into the empty seat next to him. "It's like a million degrees out".

"Eighty eight," Glenn corrected, leaning slightly away from the other boy just because the body heat was too much to bare. "But close". Nathan groaned, leaning forward and pressing his face into the seat in front of him.

They were taking a bus to their first tournament, and it was an absolutely awful idea since the vehicle didn't have air conditioning.

"Who are we waiting for?" Nate asked, his voice hard to hear as he spoke to the floor but Glenn had been listening for it.

"Lawson, I think, now that you're here". Nathan didn't respond. "Where were you, anyway?"

"Worried I wouldn't come?" Nathan sat up then, pressing his back against the seat and turning his head to look at Glenn. "I slept through my alarm. It's too early".

"It's six thirty," Glenn said and Nathan's eyebrows raised.

"Well some of us aren't morning people". Glenn laughed at Nathan implying that he was a morning person, because it couldn't be farther from the truth.

"I'm not a morning person," he assured. "I had to wake up at five in order to drink enough coffee that it was safe for me to drive here". Nathan snorted.

"Coffee is disgusting".

"Friendship over," Glenn said under his breath, resulting in a smile from Nathan. "Oh I'm serious. Now you have to go sit up by Jean".

They both turned their heads to look at the other boy in question, sitting at the front of the bus, one seat behind Coach Green, but leaning forward with his arms propped against the seat before him to talk to the other man.

"Gross," Nathan observed before directing his attention back to Glenn, who looked down suddenly as his phone vibrated in his hands.

Grace: have a good day with Nathan. Suck his dick if given the opportunity.

Glenn's eyes rolled and he clicked off his phone, standing to reach his tennis bag alongside Nathan's on the seat in front of them and discarding it in there.

"So," Nathan said as Glenn sat back down. "What do we need to worry about today for our matches?"

Glenn smiled a bit at the familiarity of the conversation. It was not uncommon for them to speak briefly about how they were going to make the outcome of their game a positive one. The only difference between this conversation and all the other ones- or at least Glenn hoped- was that Nathan wouldn't leave the second it was over. Because they were friends now.

"The sun," Glenn answered, and Nathan nodded.

"I bought a pair of sunglasses".

"I have my hat," Glenn respond. "And a shit ton of sunscreen by the way, if you need any". Nathan snorted.

"Sun screen?" He asked, giving Glenn a look.

"What?"

"What are we, twelve?"

Glenn's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "What does that even mean? Skin cancer is a real thing, Nathan. My mom's a nurse. I get to hear about it sometimes," Glenn argued and Nathan just shrugged, not at all concerned.

"I'd actually prefer to get gorgeously tan, but thanks," Nathan said, running a hand through his dark brown hair. "My hairs getting too long. Do you have a hair band?"