Chapter 5

Violet's POV

I ran faster than I ever had. I mentally cursed at myself for wearing so many layers as I felt they were slowing me down. I ran through the thin layer of snow until I hit the cold, hard ground. I screamed as I was spun around and a creepy looking man with an eyebrow piercing stared down at me. He smiled revealing his missing, and dirty, teeth.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asked as he pinned me down. I saw him take out a gun and before he could hold it with two hands he collapsed to the side of me. Andy had punched him in the side of the head. I went wide-eyed and stumbled to get to my feet.

"Go to the car. Sit and wait for me." Andy said. I had never seen him look so angry. I didn't dare to go against his instructions so I got up and ran to the car that they drove here. I climbed in the passenger seat and hugged my head between my knees. I heard a gunshot go off and I felt tears start streaming down my face. At least 5 minutes had passed and the driver's side door opened. I was too scared to look and see who it was. I heard the car start and felt us move. The car sped off and I looked up to see the warehouse disappear behind us. Andy's knuckles turned white as he angrily gripped the steering wheel looked over to me. "I'm glad you can take orders." He said and I looked at him in shock. He just killed a man. A man that was attacking me, but he still killed a man. "What?" He asked looking at me.

"Y-you're a killer. You just killed that guy didn't you?" I yelled and he sighed and chuckled revealing his perfect teeth. How dare he distracts me with his good looks.

"Hey, Violet was it? I saved you." Andy said. I rolled my eyes.

"I didn't ask for your help you jackass," I said, even though I knew I would be dead without it.

"Is that how you say thank you? Man, someone needs to teach you some manners." He said and I groaned and looked out the window. "You're welcome." I looked at him.

"Just take me home. I just want to get away from you." I sighed making him smirk.

"Sweetheart, you know I can't do that now. I tried to leave you alone and watch you from afar but now that you've continued your snooping ways, you've caused some trouble for yourself."

"What are you talking about?" I asked. He was starting to scare me.

"Violet you just witnessed a gang shootout. You really think you can walk away from that?" He asked and I shrugged.

"Andy I just want to go home and forget I ever met you," I said staring out the window.

"Don't say that. Come on, we are here." He said as we pulled into the driveway to a huge mansion.

"What is this place?" I asked scared. He was probably going to take me in here and kill me.

"Spade's House." He said as he parked the car. I was right. This was the end. The gang was probably going to take turns slicing my body up into little pieces that they serve to their evil guard dogs.

"Andy please," I started as tears welled in my eyes. "Just let me go. I promise I won't say anything to anyone. I just want to go home please don't do this!" I begged for my life and the tears began flowing down my face. I mentally scolded myself for crying in front of him. He unbuckled and turned to face me. His attitude towards me had changed as he grabbed my chin in his large hand. I shut my eyes tightly and expected the worst but I just felt his thumb trace against my cheek, wiping my tears away.

"Why are you so upset?" He asked confused. Terrified, I opened my eyes and looked at him. His shining eyes stared at me with a look I hadn't seen yet. I think the look was concern or maybe sadness, but it wasn't anger or lust as he usually seemed.