*6* Orc Encounter *6*

Thorin makes his way over to me, but I barely notice it as a howl breaks the half silence.
Bilbo looks over to us worriedly, "Was that a wolf? Are there... Are there wolves out there?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wolves? No, that is not a wolf," Bofur explains warily, glancing around anxiously. 

Fear, anger, and slight worry flush through my veins as I slowly unsheathe my swords, bringing them up next to me. Glancing up at Thorin, who is now to my left, I meet his slightly worried, blue gaze with my own violet worried gaze. 

Just then, a warg bursts through the trees, landing on Fili and preparing to kill. Thorin jumps into action, quickly killing the beast with his sword. The beast falls off of Fili, and he quickly scrambles to stand back up. 

My hidden, pointed ears twitch slightly, trying, and succeeding, to pick up the sound of the wargs that are headed our way. My guess is that there are at least three hundred orcs headed straight towards us. Even if we run, we won't be able to get away. Unless...

Turning to Gandalf, I meet his eyes. He seems to get the message, and nods before worriedly turning to Thorin. 

"Who did you tell about your quest, beyond your kin?" Gandalf demands, rushing up to Thorin in a very panicked manner. 

"No one," Thorin responds, though I can tell that Gandalf doesn't believe him.

"Who did you tell!?" Gandalf yells, giving away our position completely. 

"Gandalf!" I loudly growl, catching everyone's attention, and effectively silencing the stubborn wizard. 
"It won't matter who knows if none of us survive! We need to get moving. Radagast and I will distract the pack while Gandalf leads you all to safety," I say, not leaving any room to argue. Or so I thought. 
"You're not leaving the group! There's no way you would survive an orc pack on your own!" I hear Thorin argue as I turn to Radagast, preparing myself to leave. 

I glance over my shoulder, my hands gripping my hood as I ask, "Have you got a better plan then?" 
Thorin's blue eyes stare into my violet ones as my words effectively shut him up. I have my answer then.

Pulling my dark, cherry colored hood over my head and turning to Radagast, I call back, "I'll meet up with you all soon enough." 
Hopping onto Radagast's sleigh behind him, I pull out my bow, placing my swords back in their respective places, and readying my bow in my hand. Just as I hear Gandalf instructing the others to hurry and run, Radagast takes off. 
"Come and get us! Haha!" Radagast yells, catching the attention of the small army of Orcs. The Orcs all start chasing after us, some on wargs, others not. Raising my bow as I stand behind Radagast, I ready an arrow to fire. 

I quickly aim for the heart of one of the wargs nearest and mutter a short spell, effectively setting the tip on fire. Releasing my arrow into the sky, I mutter another spell, feeling a large amount of my energy quickly deplete. This spell causes the fiery arrow to multiply, until at least a hundred arrows are falling onto the army. 
That spell is quite useful in battle, but I can only use it every once in a while, due to the amount of energy it takes. And once the first arrow is aimed, I have no control over the rest. It's a very risky spell to use when you have allies on the field. Luckily, my allies are all on their way to safety. 

I hear the sounds of many Orcs crying out in pain, and a few of the many Wargs howl in anguish. Readying another arrow, aim it at an Orc rider who is getting a bit to close for my liking. My arrow quickly pierces it's heart, and with no rider to command the Warg, it turns away. 

Many people believe that Wargs are born and bred to kill, but about 2/10ths of the pack really are only following orders. The ones that are just following orders, or Light Bloods, have always had a bit of a special place in my heart. Though, it's quite rare for any creature at all to make it's way into my heart. Very few creatures of any kind, including Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Wizards, Skin Changers, and Hobbits, have a place in my heart.