Chapter 2: The New Start

After the whole mess with Tartar, Agent 8 and 3 were taken to inkopolis. Marina and pearl set 8 and 3 up with a small apartment not too far from the tower. Agent 8 being quite oblivious to her past, didn't really know much about the surface and what was on it.

"Alright, I've finished setting up our things. For now however, we will have to live together..." Agent 3 said while sheepishly scratching his neck and blushing slightly.

Agent 8 nodded and looked out their window. She pointed to inkopolis square. Agent 3 understanding what she was Pointing at, proceeded to explain what the square was all about.

"That's inkopolis square, there you can buy fresh clothes, compete in turf war or ranked and where you can also take a shift at salmon run." Agent 8 stared at the square for a moment when agent 3 asked her if she wanted to check it out.

"Hey um, if you want, we could go there and I could show you the ropes..." Agent 3 turned to the door.

"I need some new clothes anyway, come on" 3 waved to 8 as to follow him. 8 ran up to him and followed him down the the square. Once they arrived, 3 began to ask 8 about what kind of weapon they perfered.

"So, is there any kind of weapon you like to use more than others" 3 said as they stepped into Sheldons' armory shop. Agent 8 looked around at all of the weapons to find the one she liked most. Eventually after looking for a bit, she found what she liked to use the most during tests.

"Ah, so you like using (Weapon) huh?" 3 questioned. 8 nodded vigorously and quietly whispered "Its easier to Splat with...". 3 walks over to the newest set of (Weapon).

"Alright, That will be 3,000 coin!" Sheldon said. 3 paid for the weapons and headed to the clothing shop. As he was walking in he notices that 8 wasn't following him. "What's wrong 8? Don't you want some fresh clothing?" He asked.

"I-I have s-some that I was given. A-a person on the train gave them to me so i-i think I should w-wear those...." 8 said quietly and quickly. 3 smiled in happiness "she s very considerate of others...she'll be fine here..." he thought to him self.

"Well if that's right then your clothes will probably be delivered, check around the square for a box with your name on it" 3 pointed outside. 8 nodded and turned to leave, 3 then grabbed her shoulder and brought her close for a moment. Getting close to her ear he whispered "be careful, not everyone is ok with an octoling walking around".

Agent 8 nodded with a bright blush on her face. Agent 3 backed up to give her space and proceeded to enter the store. Agent 8, now a bit worried, proceeded to walk around the square looking for the package. People stared at her and began to whisper and gossip; this made Agent 8 extremely uncomfortable, making her quite a bit more conscious of the fact She was wearing a small crop top and a Tight skirt.

Finnaly, after some self-consciousness and anxiety, 8 found the package and proceeded to grab everything inside. There she found a Null Armor Replica, Neo Octoling Boots, and a few other clothing items as well. Putting all of the clothing away, she made her was back to the shops and sat outside shella Fresh.

A few minutes passed when another octoling like Herself approached her "Um, hi! M-my name is Chrissy. I-I wanted to say hi because you looked like you were a bit anxious". 8 just stared for a moment before she spoke again "so um, you're new here right? S-so am i". Chrissy sat down and spoke. 8 just smiled happily knowing she wasn't the only octoling in town. "Y-you don't talk much either do you? N-no to say that's a bad thing! I-I was the same way when I started out here!" Chrissy explained that she heard the calamari inkantation and broke free of Dj octavios' control; whereas 8 had awoken in a subway station underground.

After a while of talking, 8 worked up the courage to briefly explain how she had awoken. "Wow, I can't believe you don't have any memories of Octavio...." Chrissy stared at the table for a few moments before she heard her name being called from behind.

"Coming!" Chrissy said as she stood from her seat. Chrissy looked 8 dead in the eye and said "no matter what, don't tell anyone you lost your memory, you could become a target for octavios' New army. And finally....." Chrissy grew dark and serious.

"Never put on the octarian goggles, they are the way octavio remixes your mind into one of his heartless soldiers...." after that was said, Chrissy dropped the seriousness in her tone and smiled lightly before skipping off to her group of friends.

Just moments later agent 3 came out of shella Fresh with a couple bags in hand. " Hey 8, did you find your clothing?" He asked. For a moment, 8 just looked down at the table to contemplate what Chrissy had said.

"Octavio? Who's he?"

"Goggles?"

"Army? Soldier?"

Agent 3 put his hand on 8s' shoulder "Hey? Are you okay?" He asked with pure concern. 8 nodded and asked to go home. Once back at the apartment, 8 and 3 had dinner and ended up going to bed. 8 however, had a lot of trouble going to sleep, she was scared and nervous about what that girl had said. 8 was in tears she was so scared and confused.

Not noticing that her sobs were become a little more than a whisper, she didn't realize that 3 had gotten up to get a glass of water and had walked by her door.

Carefully opening said door, 3 found 8 crying quietly underneath the covers. "8? Are you okay?" He said gently. 8, now taking note that 3 knew she was crying, tried to forcefully suppress her sobs and spoke "i-im f-fine" she said; clearly she was not fine. 3 walked up to the bed and removed the covers that covered her head to see that she had tears rolling down her face "8, it's okay, you don't need sad." 3 said trying to calm her down. "I-im scared" 8 said, barely above a whisper.

3 not knowing what exactly she was afraid of, held her hands in his "you don't need to be afraid, I'm right here" 3 said as he smiled gently at 8. 8s sobs slowly came to a halt and the tears in her eyes began to dry, soon enough silent snores and sounds of breathing could be heard signaling that 8 was finally asleep.

3 not really sure wether he should leave, lied next to her and pulled her into his chest; falling asleep shortly after. Both could be seen cuddling each other cutely.

Gm: For full fledged books, I'm going to try and make my A/n very brief and uncommon at the end of chapters.

Gm:I have decided that I will allow you; the readers, choose the names of All the Agents such as 3,4,and 8.this will also be applied to weapons, and color tentacles.

Gm: and finally, I will put words in Parentheses such as (weapon) (A/8) (A/3) etc. For name choices and weapon choices.

Gm: Until next time my gamer gals and guys....

Veemo🖌