Chapter 47

We've been home for around a week now and, as always in my life, many things have happened over this course of time.

I guess, I may as well, start from when Harry dropped me back of at home the night we returned to school. We were sat in the car just outside my flat and I looked over to Harry. We shared a quick goodbye of a hug and a 'see you tomorrow'. It wasn't much but he's had quite the long day and night. 

He still looked a bit sleepy from the ride to the school. Harry slept almost the entire time on my shoulder, even when I thought he'd wake up when we hit a bump. I made sure that his body didn't jerk when I felt his head rise from my shoulder on the impact. The reason he woke up was because the coach called out that we were ten minutes away and that we should let our families know that. 

My mum left the light on after I called her when we actually returned to the school. Once I came up to the door, the light had shut off and left me trying to open the door in the dark. I guess my mum was too excited that I was home so she waited up for me. It took me a little longer to get the door open and if she really was this antsy to see me, she would have opened it for me.  

Before I walked in I couldn't help but to look over my shoulder to see if Harry had driven away from mine yet. His car was still there and he was looking out at me from his window, his head nodding to me before he put his car into gear and driving off. I think he was just making sure that I had gotten inside alright. I don't know if he wanted me to drop my bag and rush back over to him to kiss him or something like we were in some predictable romance film. 

When I walked inside, my mum greeted me with a massive hug like I was gone for months instead of just a weekend. I didn't tell her to let me go since I know she was here alone for the longest she's been in years and I knew that she missed me. I missed her, too, and I was glad to be out of that hotel. 

She asked me about Harry and if he was feeling okay after the game. I had mentioned it to her that we lost because I knew she'd ask me about the match anyway. I honestly didn't have much of clue how Harry was taking it now that he wasn't in my sights. I think I managed to stop his wavering breakdown. I think I was able to get to him in time and I was thankful for that. I was glad that I had that drive to go after him and that I wasn't afraid to be there for him. I didn't once think about him pushing me away. 

That was it. I didn't think and things turned out just fine.

Moving on to the first day back at school since Harry had told a few of the boys that he was gay and I was his boyfriend. Okay, I know he didn't exactly use the word "gay" to them. I'm sure it's a very easy puzzle to piece together. It was still hard for us to be our complete selves after word had gone around some. We couldn't just be us just because the truth was out. There was still that period of getting used to the fact that were could be these open people; that we could show each other affections with eyes following our every move and with minds with beliefs taking in the fact what they were witnessing.

This was also the first time Harry would be returning to school without having to practise. When he picked me up that morning, he told me that it was going to be strange for him to have this free time. I didn't want him to fill up all that time with me because that defeats the purpose of spacing us out a bit. As he said it I could tell that he was trying his best not to sound to suggestive of wanting to use that time together.

He still had a life outside of me. I wanted him to have that life again.

It's funny how you've gone from wanting to be around him every chance you could to this. 

Yeah, I know. 

I wasn't expecting anything of him now that people knew about us. He was acting as normal as he possibly could. The new Harry was timid around me again, seeming to give me some sense of control over the relationship now but I never wanted us to be a one-sided thing. We're both apart of this. We both had things to face.