Chapter 25- Downtown

This chapter is dedicated to @taeschx. I hated typing this, but it had to be done...I've already started working on the next chapter. I appreciate all the reads, votes, and comments on every chapter!!!!

***************************************

*Mel*

"Ah shit, they keep shootin' at me," I exclaimed as I ran to hide behind a car that was parked across the street from this store I was at.

"These niggas supposed to be my friends, but they ain't no help," I thought as I took off running when I saw somebody coming closer to me. I saw an alley up ahead, so I took off in that direction. I was just about to turn the corner when a bullet hit me.

"Damn," I cursed, increasing my speed. I came to a dead end and that's when I realized that I was out of options. I know I'm gonna die if I get hit one more time but I have nowhere to run. Well if I'm going to die, I might as well go out with a bang. I turned around, pulling out my gun in the process, and started shooting everything moving. Just as I thought, one shot later, I was laid on the ground with a puddle of blood surrounding me. I can't believe this actually happened.

"Man, fuck this stupid ass game," I said to myself as I threw down the control I had in my hands. I was playing GTA, but I've been stuck on this same mission all morning. I think it's rigged, it's probably impossible to pass this mission.

"You think that's funny Kim?" I asked her as she laughed at my failure. She had been up almost as long as I had and up until now, she had been sitting quietly beside me.

"Yep," she answered simply. Her laughter intensified when I pulled her close to me and began tickling her.

"Is it still funny?" I questioned, pausing long enough for her to answer. She nodded her yes and I went right back to tickling her. I chuckled as she squirmed to get away from me. I finally let her go when my phone started ringing again for at least the 15th time today.

"Hello," I answered. Ace had been calling me non-stop since I woke up a few hours ago. I figured he would stop trying after 2 or 3 times, but he wouldn't stop calling me. I know he didn't have anything important to say, but the constant ringing was getting annoying. I should've just put my phone on silent.

"Why you ain't been answerin' yo' phone?" Ace yelled through the phone.

"What do you want?" I asked, ignoring his question. I was trying to get straight to the point.

"It's been like 5 days, what you waitin' on nigga?" he asked, referring to his dumb ass plan.

"I aint doin' it," I answered. I've changed. I see now that all the things I was doing before were pointless. I should've never listened to anything Ace had to say in the first place.

"The fuck you mean? You know what, don't say nothin'. Meet me at the house," Ace responded. He said that like I know exactly where he's talking about. He is always at a different house. He stays with his hoe ass sister Shaquayla, he stays at his mama's house, he stays with some of his friends, and sometimes he stays at his own house.

"What house?" I asked. I really didn't even want to meet him. For some reason, I had a bad feeling about this.

"The one on the eastside, by the warehouse," he answered.

"Where are you goin'?" Kimberly asked after I hung up the phone and stood to go get my keys.

"To the store, you want somethin'?" I responded. That was the best cover up I could think of for where I was actually going. She put her little hand under her chin like she was really thinking about what I asked.