Chapter 14

Carina had got out of work for the day, as a routine, she was accompanied by Zacharias Smith to the lift where he they would talk about their "entitled boss" and about their plans on quitting and starting their own Astronomy Organization away from the Ministry.

"There are good places in Scotland." Zacharias said. "Probably good for a Astronomy Tower."

"I don't know." Carina said.

"I thought you want to quit!"

They got off the lift and were walking by the fountain. They passed security and greeted him 'good morning', since they had the night shift.

"I do, but I got a letter from McGonagall." Carina said.

"You're joking."

"No, I'm not... she wants to have tea with me after all the students have settled."

"Why do I have a feeling she's offering you a job as a Astronomy Professor?"

"Because she is... but I don't think I'm taking it."

"Why not?"

"First of all, it'll mean me away from home and Teddy, and second, it'll mean I'd have to deal with Hogwarts again. Don't you think it's about time I move on from Hogwarts?"

"I thought you love Hogwarts."

"I do, but I think I had enough of Hogwarts for one lifetime..."

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but I kind of agree with you."

They engaged more into a conversation until they reached the appartition point. Smith was the fist to leave, saying that he was going to meet Maisie for breakfast, Carina stayed for awhile, waiting for Hermione – who too took the night shift and was just about to leave her office. While waiting by the fountain, Carina read a book, it was the book that Theodore gave her as a seventeenth birthday present, she's read the book numerous times and liked the plot very well.

"Carina?"

Carina looked up from the book to answer the person who called her. To her surprise, she closed the book without putting her bookmark, and her eyes widened in shock.

"Adrian?"

Adrian Pucey stood before her with a shocked mirroring hers. They hadn't see each other for a while, and didn't expect to run to each other as well, given that Adrian became a Chaser at an international Quidditch team after their break-up.

"Wow, it's good to see you!" Pucey said.

"You too... it's been... a year?"

"Aye, a year." Pucey nodded.

"You look great." Carina gestured to him.

"You too."

"So, how are you? How's Quidditch?"

Pucey took a breath though his teeth.

"Really good... really, really good – Quidditch season's ended, so got not much to do, actually." Pucey said. "You, how are you?"

"Great, actually." Carina smiled. "I'm glad to hear you're doing great."

"What are you doing here – you waiting for someone?"

"Yeah, I'm just waiting for Hermione."

"Heading home?"

"Aye, just finished with work."