Chapter 33: Rebound

CHAPTER 33

Liam doesn't come back in the morning. Nobody knocks on my door with coffee and breakfast. I have to drive by Starbucks on my way to work and buy my own coffee, something that I haven't done in awhile.

When I check my phone, I see that Liam hasn't even texted me since he left. However, I do have ten missed calls from Harry. I roll my eyes and delete the notifications, then take a sip of my coffee and continue my drive to work.

I'm only in my office for ten minutes before he pounces on me.

"Are you okay? Why didn't you answer any of my calls?" Harry demands, bursting into my office without bothering to knock.

"Maybe because I don't want to talk to you," I say simply.

Harry watches as I drop my bag on the empty chair next to me and boot up my computer.

"Are you still upset because of yesterday?"

I look up at my boss with tired eyes. Harry has his arms crossed over his chest, and his green eyes are filled with concern. I am a little upset about yesterday but I'm mostly upset because he's the reason Liam isn't talking to me.

"No," I tell him. I turn back to my computer as my email floods in. Most of them are from hotels I contacted yesterday, and they all sent back messages that say pretty much the same thing. I'm sorry, but we're booked that day. Perhaps another time...

I rub my temples and take another sip of coffee. I've been here for fifteen minutes and I already have a headache. This conference really will be the death of me. Every hotel in this freaking city is booked already. Why can't we just have the stupid thing here?

Wait a minute...why can't we have it here?

"So today's going to be pretty hectic," Harry is saying. "We're going to have to email everyone that was planning to attend and tell them the conference is cancelled. And I guess we'll have to give them full refunds. So I need you to-"

"No, we don't," I interrupt him.

"I don't see any other option." He frowns at me. "Every hotel I called is already booked."

"We don't have to cancel."

"What are you talking about? Without a venue-"

"Harry, would you shut up for five seconds and let me talk?" I finally burst out. He looks a little startled, but then a wide grin overtakes his face and he spreads out his hands.

"Go ahead," he nods.

"Thank you. As I was trying to say, I just got an amazing idea on how to fix this. How about we just hold the conference here? We can transport everyone from the hotel after breakfast and this way, we can give them a tour of the facility."

"Styles Enterprises doesn't have an area large enough to seat five hundred people," Harry points out. "The main cafeteria only holds three hundred at most."

"Right," I nod. I push myself out of my chair and begin pacing around the office, thinking fast. "We can rent out one of those huge tents to go along with the tables and chairs. We should probably hire a caterer as well and maybe a DJ or something for music!"

Harry starts to grin excitedly. "And then we'll need to hire shuttle service to bring everyone from the hotel to here, but it's not that far and I'm sure it can be easily arranged."

"Exactly!" I clap my hands together. "See, there's no reason that this can't work."

I don't know when exactly I stopped pacing, but now I'm standing directly in front of Harry, looking up into his warm green eyes. I flush slightly and start to take a step back but he grabs my hands in his and stops me.