|Epilogue|

The huge mahogany door erupted into flames. Fire danced outside the window. 

 I closed my eyes and tried to bear the intolerable heat and pain. At least I was one of the best dressed queens to be burnt alive.

A cold hand covered my hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. I opened my eyes in surprise and stared into the calm eyes of Sebastian. Pain left me. 

Scenes changed. We were standing on a beach. It's been such a long time since I last saw the sea and the beach. 

The cool salty breeze, the sparkly sea, the crunchy sand... everything, it felt like I was really on a beach, by seaside.

"This is Coral Cliff. I have always wanted to come here with you," Sebastian, who was standing next to me, said with barely contained sorrow. 

Surprised, I tore my gaze from the sea and looked at him. 

The icy wall in his icy blue eyes that normally hides all his emotions was gone. His eyes were filled with... regret?

He leaned forward and held me in his arms."Please forgive me, Liana. I am sorry." 

An embrace I was yearning for. 

I was lonely. I was frightened. I just wanted a hug. Was that too much to ask? I just wanted Sebastian to comfort me. To rescue me. 

"Where... where have you been? I was afraid and alone. Where did you go when I needed you?" 

I could no longer hold back my tears. The pretense I had broke down. Tears slid down my face. 

"I am sorry, Liana. I should be there. I am sorry." Sebastian gently stroked my hair and comforted me. "I know you wished to go to the sea. This is my final gift for you. I have always meant to bring you here."

"It's like a dream comes true." I took in the beautiful scenery around us and smiled bitterly. 

I tried to bask myself in this final dream. A dream in which everything was perfect. A seaside holiday for the King and Queen who loved each other.

Sebastian placed his hand on my cheek and gently stroked my face. I leaned into his hand, trying to capture this tiny warmth and gentleness from him. Trying to hold onto this one final dream.

"A dream..." Sebastian mused. 

Time passed and we stayed in peaceful silence. Treasuring the last moment before our inevitable death. 

That was then Sebastian opened his mouth, "I am going to wipe away each and every sorrow and regret you had. I am going to weave the sweetest dreams for the both of us." He placed his head on my shoulder. "Trust me. Trust me one last time." The hands wrapping around me tightened. 

"Dream?"

With one hand he embraced me, the other stroked my hair gently. "I will weave you the sweetest dream. I will no longer leave you alone."

"Your promise means nothing, my heart still aches from my lesson." I tried to struggle out of his embrace.

"Please trust me one last time. Please, Liana, one last time." His voice filled with desperation. "I promise you'll no longer be left alone."

Sebastian begging me. Was this a dream? Maybe it was. Maybe everything was just a hallucination I had before I died.

At least before I died, I felt loved. Loved by my King. My deepest wish.

"You're lucky to have me, a Queen who trusts you no matter what even if I get hurt in the process." I smiled. "How silly am I?" 

With one final stroke on my cheek, he leaned down and kissed me on the forehead. "Have a sweet dream, Liana. I will find you." 

An indulging and sweet smile appeared on his face. 

He smiled... for me. 

Tears dropped. One. Two. Three...

Then everything turned blank.

Have a sweet dream.

~The End~