Chapter 11

I just wanted to say sorry for a long wait, it has been hard to write because I had writers' block and then I got sick which caused me to stay away from writing for a bit. Enjoy and let me know what you think!! Ps. The outfit is what she's going to wear!
~Emily
----------------------------

I don't understand why he continued to stare me down with his harsh glares and unforgiving stares. His stunt with demanding me to stay away from Kyle was bizarre because he barely knew me well enough. We have only encountered a few times and they weren't pleasant. I couldn't even grasp the idea of myself backing down and listening to someone so vile like him, it's unfathomable. Why in the world would I listen to his unreasonable demand?

If he honestly thought I was that weak and that I would back away from Kyle because he said I had to, he had another thing coming because my new and improved self-refused to allow anyone to boss me around especially when I started to finally feel comfortable around a guy I was interested in!

His threat had fallen on deaf ears in the beginning but now I wasn't certain because after I went to my dorm I decided to talk to Ackline and Alice about it. I wanted to refuse and not listen to him but his stern voice kept replaying in the back of my mind and I needed the girls to confirm whether or not I should or shouldn't listen to him.

When I got to the dorm I walked in scaring the four of my friends. They wore slightly frightened expressions and I looked at the television to be met with a scary movie being played. I felt slightly guilty and I scurried to my room shutting the door quietly behind me to ensure I didn't scare them again.

I decided I'd talk with the girls later on rather than bother them during their movie with the guys they both obviously like. I would say love but love is a tricky thing. I wouldn't know how to identify it because I have never been in love with anyone. Loving family is different than being in love with someone. Loving your family means you care for them and have an emotion within yourself specifically for them and no one could replace them, even if you got so mad at them you knew you had their backs till the end without a doubt. Whereas you never truly know if you share a love with someone in my opinion.

I fell on the bed with a grunt and I decided tonight I wouldn't do anything other than reading a book and get lost in the fantasy world of fake unrealistic romance.

A soft knock was heard, then my door opened with Ackline and Alice's head in the doorway with looks of uncertainty.

"Can we come in?"

"Yeah."

"What's wrong with you? Did something happen?"

Sighing I turned my head towards the girls just as they sat on my mattress. "Yeah! Xavier demanded that I stay away from Kyle and I don't understand why! He doesn't even know me, guys why is he trying to ruin what hasn't even started with Kyle!"

"Have you ever considered that he may have a thing for you?"

"Are you insane? He doesn't even know me!" I sighed with frustration "You can't like someone if you don't even know them!"

"I guess you're right," they sighed and then a grin was plastered on their faces "but it isn't impossible that he is starting to develop feelings for you from afar."

Thinking about it, it seemed like an insane assumption but it would definitely explain why he's trying to make me stay away from Kyle. He may see potential in the relationship I'm sure we might have after the kiss we shared today. The way he looked at me was like a warning before his final warning had given me before.

"Still seems improbable but makes a bit of sense thinking about it."

"See Alice!"

"Yeah, I know." She grumbled loudly

"See what guys?"

They smirked again and I couldn't help but roll my eyes at them and sigh. I had a feeling they didn't want to let me in on what they were speaking about but I wanted to see what they saw. I pouted and blinked my eyes at them in hopes of being told what they were keeping from me. They looked at each other and then at me, Alice shrugged and Ackline nodded.

"It's just that we've seen how the two of you look at each other. It just makes sense to us that he's being possessive over you without actually knowing you that well. You may not view it how we do but it makes sense to us that he's developing feelings for you from afar. Plus it's more logical than him doing it for no reason."

I could understand in a way, they saw something between Xavier and me that I couldn't see and honestly didn't believe in but their beliefs are their beliefs and who am I to try and ruin what they believed in?

"You're right I don't view it that way but I'm not going to try and stop you in believing what you believe," I told them quietly and I honestly just wanted to be alone in that instant to try and comprehend Xavier's antics. "Guys I have no more classes today and I just want to read can you leave me alone for now please?"

"Yeah of course!" Ackline said while she patted my leg "Oh and there is a party tonight and we're gonna be there if you wanna come along."

"Nah I'm good, parties aren't my thing..."

"Okay, we'll see you later?" Alice questioned as they walked out of my room. I nodded and grabbed my book in hopes of escaping reality for even a little bit of time.

**************

A sharp knock sounded on my door slightly pulling my attention away from the book I was reading. I tilted my head up and peered over the top of my book.

He stood leaning against the entryway of my room as a small smile adorned his face it caused my heart rate to increase and the heat on my cheeks to intensify. my heart rate to accelerate and my mind to race with too many thoughts. That smile, I should have known that smile was going to cause trouble. The trouble that was messier than I realized at the time.

"Come to a party with me?" In my mind, I knew I should have declined because my past was my worst fear and I didn't want to relive that horror again but for some reason, I trusted the boy in my entryway.

"Yeah sure." Smiling at him I crawled out of bed and lightly pushed him out of my room mumbling that I needed to get ready.

Looking through my closet, I groaned not knowing what to wear. Finally deciding on a white button-up shirt and a polka dot skirt and the college's jacket. I applied light makeup and put the gold chain my father had given me on I decided I looked presentable enough to go to the party. Sliding my converse shoes on, I placed my phone in my skirt pocket and took a deep breath opening my door to go to the party with Kyle.