TWENT-SEVEN

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
( WHAT A FEELING )

"I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE you fucking kissed and you're still not together," Olivia said, eyes glued to other things around them, and her chin rested on top of Marty's head as he gave her a piggyback ride around the Smithsonian

It was a week and a half since Peter and Nick first kissed, and like Olivia said they still weren't technically together. Neither boy minded, though, because Nick was going to tell his parents about his sexuality soon; who did mind were their friends who were tired of getting corrected about their confusion relationship status when they hung out at one of their places. School was still out. Things still needed to be fixed, but the students did get a few at home work to do from their teachers. With everyone helping one another, they finished it as fast as they could, only having a few more days until school would officially start back again.

Marty had brought up the idea of going on a day trip to the Smithsonian if they all got their work finished early, and surprisingly their parents – or legal guardians – agreed to it once each of the teens brought it up. The group was Shawn, Peter, Ned, Nick, Anita, Marty, Olivia and Anthony. No one really wanted Anthony there, but the only way Olivia could get to go was if her twin and mom tagged along. Gwen Stacy couldn't go because she already had plans with her family, and Harry Osborn couldn't make it for family reasons as well. Something about his father.

The four hour car ride was interesting, to say the least. Ryan got a grand idea to rent a van large enough for the teenagers, himself, Evie, and Marty's parents. To put it simply, they felt like a can of sardines, mostly because four people had to squeeze into the seats in the very back. Currently, though, they were walking through the museum and taking everything in. It was Olivia, Marty, Peter and Nick while Anita was with Shawn and Ned somewhere else, Anthony stuck with his mom and Ryan, and then Marty's parents were doing their own thing. What even gave  the adults an idea to be by themselves was beyond them, but the teens were happy.

"I can't believe you're still bringing that up," Nick said, glancing at his phone as his mom texted him asking if he was having fun. He quickly answered back that he was before stuffing his phone back in his pocket. "What, like you two aren't slowly becoming a thing."

Peter looked away from one of the dinosaurs and to his friends, pointing to Olivia and Marty. "What? Wait, you guys are-?"

Marty blushed red and scoffed as he rolled his eyes. "What? No. No, we're just friends. Great friends."

Olivia nodded, avoiding eye contact as she continued to look around. "Oh, yeah, nothing romantic here," she said and gave a nervous chuckle, looking to Peter and Nick finally, the boys looking unimpressed with the others' answers.

"Oh yeah. Of course. Totally," Nick drawled sarcastically.

"Completely platonic," Peter stated.