Chapter 2: Was the juice worth the squeeze?

"I knew it, Edward!" Sheila exclaimed as she burst into the room.

But she wasn't prepared for what she saw next. Sheila expected to see him with someone else, but what she found was far worse than she ever could have imagined.

There he was. The man she had given her heart to, her youth, even her sanity. Sitting at his kitchen table with another woman. Both had a Wendy's Limeade in hand. The betrayal was unfathomable: After everything they had been through, he was drinking a Wendy's Limeade with this stranger.

"Edward, how could you! I thought you may be having an affair, BUT THIS? This is worse than I could have ever imagined!"

"Sheila?" Edward stammered.

He was in such shock that he could barely find the words.

"Wh-what are you doing here?"

"You know exactly what I'm doing here, Edward. You've been acting strange since last Thursday. And I just couldn't take it anymore," Sheila screamed as tears began streaming down her face.

Edward looked over at the woman sitting beside him.

"I am so sorry."

"OH, YOU'RE SORRY TO HER?" Sheila exclaimed, trying to wipe away her tears.

The other woman's eyes darted back and forth between Edward and Sheila as she took a long sip of the Wendy's Limeade. "Who is this, Edward?"

"Who am I?"

Sheila took a step toward the woman, who leaned back in her chair in fear.

"Who. Are. You?"

"Sheila, seriously, I don't know what's going on here," Edward pleaded.

"I gave you everything, Edward. And this is how you repay me? I just don't understand how you could be drinking a limeade with someone else."

"Sheila ... is this about Thursday? About the Wendy's Limeade I got you?"

"NO. It's about the life we were building together! The future you so carelessly threw away!"

"I'm so confused right now, Edward," the other woman whispered.

Sheila looked at her and swiftly snatched the limeade out of the other woman's hand.

"This should be mine. MINE!"

"Sheila!" Edward banged his fists on the kitchen table. "I bought you a limeade last week to be nice. I don't know what kind of story you've concocted in your head. But there's nothing between us."

"How dare you deny our love just to impress your ... your mistress."

"Sheila, is this a joke? I literally have never even seen you outside the office. You're married. You have a photo of your kids on your desk."