37. Trials and Tribulations

Fridays are usually the days when I'm excited to get out of bed because the day can't possibly be bad when it's followed by the two best days of the week but today could quite possibly be the worst Friday ever.

I'm lying in bed staring at the ceiling while every scenario runs through my head. If Aiden went free today, everything would change. I'd go back to the overprotective boyfriend while Maya would go back to looking over her shoulder every five seconds, terrified. I let out a deep sigh that seems to catch my girlfriend's attention as she stirs beside me.

"You're thinking too loud" she complains as her bright blue eyes flutter open and stare back at me. "Go back to sleep babe."

The offer is enticing but I know I won't be able to sleep. "I'm fine baby."

She eyes me skeptically as she props her head up. "No you're not. You're worried."

I sigh, running my fingers through my hair in frustration. "So maybe I'm a little worried" I concede. She gives me a sympathetic smile as she sits up and moves to straddle my lap.

"Is there anything I can do?" she asks, quirking an eyebrow at me. I chuckle.

"It seems there may be something you'd like to do" I tease. "This is a first, usually I'm the one wanting you first thing in the morning."

"Yea well I'm terrified about my speech today and I could do with a little release" she replies making me laugh as I circle my arms around her waist.

"You want to use sex to solve our problems?"

She shakes her head. "No, I'd like to have sex to forget about our problems."

I quirk my head to the side in a questioning manner. "Isn't that sort of the same thing?"

"No, sex to solve problems would be if we were fighting and our solution was to have sex until we felt better about the fight. Sex to forget about a problem is allowing me to forget about school and Aiden and just focus on you and how much we love each other."

I stare at her in awe. There was no reason for her to be worried about her speech today, she had a way with words that left my jaw on the floor. "When you put it like that how can I say no?"

She smiles victoriously. "I suppose you can't. Bummer" she teases as her lips land on mine.

~ 🚔 ~

"We need to shower" I breathe out as I collapse onto the bed beside my boyfriend. He really knew how to tire me out.

"Yea we do" he agrees with a chuckle as he slowly sits up. I watch as he stands, admiring his naked body as he turns to face me, holding his hand out towards me. "Come on."

I take his hand and the two of us head towards the bathroom. He turns to start the water and I waste no time stepping under the rainfall of water, letting out a sigh of pleasure at the water caresses my skin.

"Don't hog all the water" he teases as he steps under the stream, wrapping his hands around my waist.

"Sorry" I giggle, relaxing into his embrace. He kisses my neck and I smile as he trails them upwards until he tilts my head back to press a soft kiss to my lips.

"I love you" he murmurs sweetly causing my heart to swell.

"I love you too" I agree, turning in his embrace and moving my hands to his neck. "But we should probably stop fooling around and get ready. Time doesn't stop just because we want it to."

He sighs, nodding his head in understanding. "I know. I just want to stay in our bubble a little longer" he adds, rubbing circles into the skin of my back.