Chapter 18

It was a surprisingly calm day. 

It had been a surprisingly calm week, as well, now that you really thought about it. 

It was...unsettling.

You quickly ran through the events of the week. Nothing of any importance had really happened. Jieun came by to soothe your brother's hurt ego, Namjoon got busted for infecting Seokjin's computer with viruses, Taehyung yet again risked getting a virus of his own by making out with a sick girl in the janitor's closet...

And that was it really it.

Even Jimin had stayed relatively calm all week. Actually, he was probably acting more subdued than you'd ever seen him, keeping touch to a minimum. You had originally thought that maybe he was pissed at you, but after a day of pestering him, found that he was completely fine. Happy, even. 

You couldn't tell if it was paranoia or actual feelings, but you felt like something was going to change. 

Today.

After walking around the entire day feeling on edge, it was finally lunch, and so you headed to the cafeteria to get your daily nutrients (and your choice of milk!). 

Turning to the table, the first thing you noticed was that three people were missing. Taehyung, Hoseok, and Jimin. You were usually the last one to the table, so it didn't happen often.

Taehyung actually wasn't much of a surprise. He was probably off somewhere doing whatever he does when he gets free time. You didn't really care, as long as you weren't the one witnessing it. 

Hoseok could potentially be off practicing his latest dance routine. He had a tendency to choose work over health and you reminded yourself to take him food later. 

Where was Jimin though? Helping Hoseok with dance practice? Stuck talking to a teacher? He was usually the first one to the table. You couldn't remember the last time he missed lunch.

Maybe he's the one with Taehyung. 

You snorted at your own thoughts and headed to the table, sitting down. The others looked up from their various conversations and started to smile at you, Namjoon opening his mouth to say something when-

An odd hush fell over the cafeteria, before bursting out into a medley of whispers, squeals, screams, and general chatter and excitement. 

The five of you looked over to the source of the noise, and lo and behold, it was the missing boys. 

You couldn't for the life of you figure out why everyone was so excited about them, though, before realizing it must be the change of hair color. Taehyung now had ash blonde hair, Hoseok had bright red, and Jimin had pale blonde. 

You nodded to yourself, turning back to your lunch. You could see why people were talking, it really suited them.

You caught Yoongi staring a little too hard at Hoseok, though, and smirked to yourself. You would store that information for later. 

Namjoon dropped his fork. "Traitors! We were supposed to do it all together!" 

Jungkook shrugged, running a hand over his light brown hair. "Eh, I didn't really want to. Jieun likes this color on me."

Jin threw Namjoon a disgusted look. "I never agreed to it. I look beautiful with black hair, I'm not throwing that away on some weird group pact."

Yoongi was looking steadfastly down at his lunch (was that a blush on his cheeks?). "I agree. As much as I'd love to go prematurely bald, I said I'd pass."

Namjoon narrowed his eyes at them all. "Did you tell them that?"

The three of them nodded. 

He threw his hands up. "Oh, so it was only me who got left out then. Okay. I feel much better."

As the other three boys neared the table, Namjoon leveled a death glare at them. "Why did you snake me like that!"

They looked surprised. "Jungkook, Jin, and Yoongi said they didn't want to dye their hair, and we figured since your hair was already purple you didn't want to either..." Jimin said.

Namjoon huffed, before glaring at you. "So this was your fault then." He accused.

You scoffed. "No, it was your fault for watching porn on my computer. Karma's a bitch."

Namjoon mumbled to himself before going back to eating his lunch, probably deciding that arguing with you wasn't worth it. 

You smirked, internally gloating that your revenge was still biting him months later. 

Jimin cut off your little session by wrapping his arms around you from behind, resting his chin on your shoulder. 

Apparently he was back to being affectionate now. 

You couldn't lie, you had kind of missed his arms around you. And he smelt really nice. That was always a bonus. 

"Do you like it?" He asked quietly.

You smiled, turning your head to look at him. "Of course, Jiminie! It looks really good."

He smiled widely, pecking you on the nose. Immediately you scrunched up your face, surprised. You could feel your cheeks going a little red, and immediately stopped to rethink what the heck was going on.

What. The. CrAP.

It's probably because I wasn't expecting it. You reassured yourself.

You still felt a little uneasy though, tucking away this event to deal with later. 

Jimin seemed completely unfazed, moving to sit next to you now instead. He had taken his arms off of you, turning to talk to Jungkook instead, and you were left with a weird bereft feeling. 

I'm probably just cold...You thought to yourself.

Briefly the thought of burrowing back into Jimin's arms flashed through your head and you dismissed the idea as soon as it came. You were never like that with Jimin. As much as you loved him you just had never done something like that. It was always him who initiated most of the physical contact. 

And so you sat there, eyebrows furrowed and still feeling cold, thoroughly confused at your own thought processes. Maybe this was the change you had felt was coming. Your mind was deteriorating. This was it. You were finally going insane. 

You were so caught up in confusion and worry that you missed it when Jimin turned to look at you. 

He observed your expression and smirked a little. 

It's working.

-----------------

A/N:

It's unedited so might come back to edit later but yeet whatever.

Also happy birthday to my Yoongles Boongles.