Chapter 74

Chapter 74

"A woman vowed for aviation was born."

The day that my eyes, heart, dignity and soul looked up at the sky with the bravery dust of an aircraft mixing the cold breeze of the ocean.

The sky and the ocean, the witness of my pain, grief and sorrow. But as the sky sends light and the ocean gives the tides, they witnessed another woman not with a crown that shines but a flag that stands with value.

The day that I vowed that my hands will wave the greatest flag of all.

"If it is the end of the world, give me an aircraft and I'll fly it high. Survival is an exception. We can always choose to survive. I am a pilot and I'll definitely fly for human race survival."

I can't help but to remember my first few words before I entered Universal Aeronautics and Space Administration. My few words that I've been gripping on the moment that my hands learned to manipulate aircrafts.

"I am Pilot Officer Behati Azalea Monzanto, a victim and a survivor of Typhoon Yolanda." My few words that served as my strength and inspiration for my every missions and decisions.

"I am a Flight Lieutenant wanted to fly with right and just." Words that I've been standing upon to my every fly.

"While all the people are busy running their feet to survive, I'll go run for those who people who can't run for themselves, it's hard, very hard, but that's the greatest run that I'll never get tired of." These are the words that I'll never forget no matter what. Because the real value of what I have right now is not about what I can do for myself but it's all about what I can do for others.

"I believe that it isn't just me who was born to survive. WE, ALL OF US are born for survival." The most acceptable words that came from my mouth. Words that I won't ever regret even for my last breath.

Lalong humigpit ang kamay namin ni Pedro sa isa't-isa habang nakaharap sa napakaraming taong umaasa sa amin.

My Survival Oath of Hope, in the image of the whole planet. With millions of heartbeats, thousands of tears and hundreds of prayers.

Today is the day that the life of the whole world will be put on our hands, the day that we'll not be breathing alone, the day that our heart will have its beat with rhythm and overwhelming chant and the day that will answer our tomorrow.

Today that I've witnessed one of the most unexplainable pictures of life.

It's the image of human light, a kind of light that will never lose its glow and brightness.

The image of unity and endless hope. A pulse for chance, gripping hands for a losing rope, arching voices for an answer and glittering eyes of emotions looking for courage.

Nag-alay ng awitin ang isang sikat na mang-aawit na halos hindi makapagpatindig ng aking mga balahibo.

Here we are
Riding the sky
Painting the night with the sun
You and I
Mirrors of night
Twin flames of fire
Lit in another time and place

"Shit, her voice. I'm having a goosebumps here. What's with the song?" kahit si Graham Bell ay narinig kong nagreklamo.

I knew your name
I knew your face
Your love and grace
Past and present now embrace
Worlds collide in inner space
Unstoppable, the song we play

Hindi ko alam kung bakit bigla na lamang tumulo ang mga luha ko habang pinakikinggan ang boses ng babae.

Biglang bumalik sa aking mga alaala ang lahat ng pinagdaanan ko. Simula sa baha, lindol, tsunami, putok ng bulkan, iba't-ibang taong nahawakan ko ang mga kamay, mga matang saglit na nalapatan ng aking mga mata, mga boses na tumatawag sa aking pangalan at higit sa lahat mga ngiting aking natatanggap matapos ang bawat hagupit ng kalamidad.