Wattpad Original

Original Edition: 16. The Knight

- 16 - 

Rocky and his habit of licking my hand when he wants food wakes me up.

The sunlight is strong and it comes in through my window, warming my room. Its heat on my face. It takes me a few seconds to remember everything that happened last night.

Ares...

I sit up, checking the side of my bed: It's empty. My heart falls. Did he leave?

What did you expect, Rachel?

Scratching my hair, I go to the bathroom to brush my teeth. When I look in the mirror, I shriek, "Holy mother of bruises!"

My face looks horrible, the whole right side is swollen and a bruises stretches from the middle of my cheek to the corner of my right eye. The corner of my mouth has a small cut. I had no idea that the man hit me so hard. As I inspect my face, I notice bruises on my wrists and arms, I suppose from when they pulled me around. A chill runs through me as I remember what happened.

After my shower shower, I come out of the bathroom in my underwear and bra, drying my hair with the towel.

"Pokemon panties?"

A high pitch scream leaves my mouth when I see Ares sitting on my bed, a bag of food and two coffees on the bedside table.

I quickly cover myself with the towel, "I thought you were gone."

He smiles, that smile that melts my heart in seconds, "I just went out to get some breakfast, how are you feeling?"

"I'm fine and thank you, that's very kind of you."

And kindness is not your thing.

"Get dressed so we can eat. Unless you want to stay like that. I won't mind."

"Very funny, I'll be right back."

Fully dressed and devouring my breakfast, I try to ignore the handsome boy in front of my eyes because otherwise there is no way I can eat in peace.

Ares takes a sip of his coffee, "I have to get this off my chest. I have to."

"What?"

"Pokemon? Really? I didn't even know Pokemon underwear existed."

I roll my eyes, "It's my underwear, nobody's supposed to see it."

"I've seen it," his eyes meet mine, "I've touched it too."

I choke and cough a little, "Ares..."

"What?" his playful expression is on, "Oh, you remember that very well, don't you?"

"Of course not."

"Then are you blushing?"

"It's hot."

He smirks but says nothing. I finish eating and take a sip of my coffee, keeping my eyes on everything but him. I can feel his gaze on me though. I become very conscious of how I am dressed and every detail of me that he can see and disapprove, like my rowdy, wet hair.

Ares sighs, "What happened last night?"

I look up, those deep blue of his disarm me, and I feel I can tell him everything.

I run my fingers through my hair, "I left work and decided to take a shortcut." Ares gives me a disapproving look. "I was tired and I thought nothing would happen."

"Walking alone at night, under that bridge is not something you should consider."

"Now I know," I pause, "well, I went under the bridge and found three men."