Chapter 4

You wake up when the bus is parked at a rest stop, you wait until practically the entire bus is empty before you get off as well. There was a long line for the lady's room so you sit down at a table and wait. You fiddle with your fingers as you stare at the empty seat in front of you.

You feel a tap on your shoulder and you look up to see Jungkook. Your eyes are filled with curiosity and you take out one of your earbuds and turn your music down slightly.

"Is anyone sitting here?" Jungkook asks as he moves to go sit down. You only shake your head as you hold your earbud between your two fingers.

"Is there something you want?" You ask as you slowly let your earbud go from your fingertips as you stare into his dark doe eyes.

"You looked lonely, I thought you'd like some company." Jungkook says as he gives you a small smile.

"Not to be offensive, but you're not the company I was wishing for." You say as you look back down at the table.

"I know, you want Hoseok's." Your eyes widen and you basically slap Jungkook's mouth to close it.

"Oh my god, Jeon, I'm seriously going to hurt you. You are way too loud with that." You whisper before you uncover his mouth, "And it doesn't matter anyways, Hoseok wants Joy."

"I know," he says and you scoff.

"You're not helping." You cross your arms across your chest and stare at the boy in front of you, "Why are you really here?"

Jungkook hesitated and pressed his tongue to his cheek, "I came to warn you, Hoseok told me he was going to try and figure out what was wrong with you. So I thought you should know what he was up to before he started to act weird."

You nod your head and stand to your feet, "If you'll excuse me, I have to run to the restroom."

You leave without another word and enter the restroom, there were three people in front of you who where practically begging for your classmates to exit a stall.

You put your earbud back into your ears and turn your music up louder. You hooked your hood and brought it over your head, the hood hovering over your eyes, you had brought your favorite black hoodie with you because the weather said it would be a little cold and had a chance of rain. You mainly brought it because it was your comfort hoodie, the hoodie you always wore when you were sad, the hoodie that held a thousand stories and a billion tears.

You glance up to see three of your classmates exit the stalls and the women in front of you were more than eager to relieve themselves. You pull out your phone to keep you occupied and furrow your brow when you see your phone was blown up with messages. Your nose twitches, how did you not notice them?

You sigh as you unlock your phone and find 46 unread texts from the same person, Hoseok. You sigh through your nose before you click to open the messages.

Jung Hoseok: Hey!

Jung Hoseok: Y/N?

Jung Hoseok: Are you ok? Why aren't you answering?

Jung Hoseok: Earth to Y/N!

Jung Hoseok: Y/N

Jung Hoseok: Y/N/N

Jung Hoseok: Teddy Bear

Jung Hoseok: Apple blossom

Jung Hoseok: Cherry pie

Jung Hoseok: Mint chocolate chip

Jung Hoseok: Rainbow sprinkle

Jung Hoseok: Buttercup

Jung Hoseok: Marshmallow?

Jung Hoseok: Honey bee!

Jung Hoseok: Ladybug...?

Jung Hoseok: Look, I've run out of nicknames, just please answer me!

You roll your eyes and shake your head, a sad smile graced your features as you reread each nickname he gave. If only he would call you those out loud.

You feel a sudden relief when one of the women finally got out of one of the stalls, you quickly walk in and your face instantly looks like you ate something sour when you caught a whiff of what the lady did as her 'business'.

'You have got to be kidding me!' You place your shirt over your nose and quickly did your business so you can breathe fresh air as soon as possible.

When you were finished you quickly made your way out of the stall, your shirt slips off your nose before you walk out and you walk to the sink. You turn on the warm water and use three pumps of soap before practically burning your hands when they touch the water. You let out a soft yelp before turning down the hot water and turning on some of the cold water.

You go to dry your hands with paper towels when you hear the door open and see Sooyoung and her friends walk in. They were talking way louder than your music and you discretely pause it so you can hear their conversation better.

"Did you see how good Kung Jaesoon looks today?" You hear one of her friends say as you slowly dry your hands.

"Not as good as Kim Leehyung looks," the other giggles before turning to Sooyoung, "What about you, Joy? Who's your eye candy for today?"

"Honestly," She takes a dramatic pause and your heart gets caught in your throat at her answer, "Jung Hoseok isn't looking too bad today."

Her friends awe while you throw away your trash and quickly walk out of the bathroom and walk back to the bus. You take your seat in the back and blast your music in your ears.

'So this is it... this is really going to happen... they both like each other..' You think as tears form in your eyes again, 'What did I expect? Someone as handsome as Hoseok and someone as beautiful as Sooyoung are practically made for each other... I never stood a chance..'

You pull your hood farther along your face and you curl back into your reclusive ball. You couldn't sleep anymore, not with your heart pounding like this. It was broken and yet it was still beating as wild as ever.

'Why can't you stop beating so I won't get hurt anymore?' You place a hand to your chest and sigh as you turn your body more and more towards the bus window.

'Why don't you ever listen to my brain?'