koo junhoe - "best friend"

you covered your ears from the loud sounding fireworks and curled up into a ball in bed. you rapidly tapped junhoe on the arm, "junhoe, t-the fireworks. they're too loud and i'm getting scared."

junhoe slowly rose from the bed and rubbed his eyes, "(y/n) it's late. why didn't you to your hotel room?"

you sniffled and whipped the tears out of your eyes, "you were drunk and i was taking care of you."

he nodded slowly and winced, "how much did i drink?"

boom.

you jumped and your hands instantly covered your ears. each time the fireworks burst into the air you had pressed harder on your ears to hear anything else but the loud boom.

junhoe seemed to take notice of your fear this time, probably because the amount of fireworks bursting in the air woke him up. he latched his arms around your hips and pulled you up into his lap. from there you buried your face into his chest, "how long do you think this is going to go on?"

junhoe sighed as he ran his finger through your hair, "i don't know (y/n). we came to america for the sole purpose of seeing bobby's family. we didn't know that it was going to be the 4th of july."

you grumbled, "they could've celebrated their independence any other way, but it just had to be noisy, loud, stupid fireworks."

junhoe let a chuckle escape his mouth, "don't worry you're safe now."

you lifted your head out of his chest and gazed at him. the moonlight seeped through the curtains and hit junhoe's face, which was a huge win for you because then you could see his eyes better.

there was nothing more mesmerizing than staring into junhoe's eyes. he often would comment about how beautiful his eyes were when he was around you and you started believe his words. you had an urge to peck his nose but held yourself down.

junhoe looked down at you and stopped stroking your hair, "why are you staring at me?"

"you make me feel warm and fuzzy inside." you blurted out much to your dismay.

junhoe smiled at you and replaced his hand back into your hair, but the weird thing was that it felt like that's where his hand belongs. it didn't matter where it was, you just needed some form of physical affection from him.

junhoe closed his eyes as he rested his head on the headboard. "you should get some sleep. i think the fireworks have stopped for right now."

you nodded slowly, "may i still hold on to you?"

junhoe nodded back, "yeah. that's what best friends are for? right?"

you jolted at the sudden word, "best friends?"

junhoe hummed in response.

"that's all we are?" you said slowly, still trying to process how you felt about that label.

junhoe opened his eyes and looked down at you. his sudden shift in movement cause you to look back at him. the eye contact was intense, but somehow uninteresting. however you thought about it, his eyes still took your breath away.

you unraveled yourself from his arms and coughed, "we should uh go to bed."

junhoe didn't say anything but gave you a weird look. he just muttered a quiet okay and buried himself into the massive comforter.

"goodnight (y/n)." junhoe remarked.

you didn't say anything back, because when you were sure junhoe had fallen into a deep slumber you waddled to the bathroom.

you closed the white thin door quietly so you wouldn't awake junhoe from his slumber. you slid down the door and covered your eyes with your sweater paws.

"goodnight, best friend." you sneered.

word count: 615