(28)

After I came back down Parker asked me if I was ok and I just told him that I miss my mom. It's been a while since that happened. It's now 2 in the morning. We played a few games and watched a bunch of movies and talked about random things. We've all decided to go to bed. Carson is sleeping in his bed, Parker and I are sleeping in mine, Karlee and Aubree are sleeping in a guest room, and Sophia is sleeping in another guest room. We have like 3 that we never use. I try to go to sleep but it doesn't work, Parker fell asleep almost immediately. I get up and go to the living room to watch TV. I turn on Queer Eye and make some hot chocolate.

"Ben, what are you doing awake?" Peggy asks sitting next to me.

"Can't sleep. You?" I ask.

"Same" she says.

"I can't stop thinking about my mom. What's your reason"

"Marcus is snoring really loud"

"That's him?!"

"Mhm" she rolls her eyes then laughs

"How do you sleep at all?"

"I put a body pillow next to him after he goes to sleep, sleep in the guest bedroom, and set my alarm for about an hour before he wakes up so I can sneak back into bed"

"Sneaky. Why aren't you doing that now?"

"I heard the TV"

"Is it too loud?"

"No, it's fine"

"Ok"

"Are you thirsty"

"Sure"

"Do you wanna go get a Slurpee?"

".....yeah. Sure" I say. We get in the car and drive to the nearest 7-11. I get every flavor and she gets blue raspberry. We go home and stay up for about another hour before we both get super tired. She tells me to go back to my room and she'll be in with a surprise that I might like in a minute. I crawl into bed and wait for her. When she comes in, I see a book in her hand. She turns on my bedside lamp.

"Can I read this to you?" she asks showing me the book. Love You Forever.

"Yes" I whisper. She smiles and opens the book.

"A mother held her new baby and very slowly rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. And while she held him, she sang: I'll love you forever. I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be" she reads. I close my eyes and listen to her read the book. I imagine laying in my bed while my mom reads it to me. After she finishes she notices I'm almost asleep so she turns and off the lamp and runs her fingers through my hair.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are gray. You'll never know dear how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away" she sings. I fall asleep quickly and dream of me and my mom doing all the things we used to.

~<>~<>~<>~

"Ben, you ok?" Parker asks, shaking me awake.

"Hm?" I ask.

"You're crying"

"Just a really good dream"

"What was it about? My monster cock?" He laughs

"My mom"

"Well now I feel really disrespectful"

"Come back to bed"

"Ok" he says and lays back down next to me. I curl back into his chest and go back to sleep because it is way too fucking early to be awake.