Chapter 20: An Ancient Dragon Slayer

Your POV

???: "F/N!" Huh?! What's going on? I look around, and see a village in shambles, and a small girl running out to me... No, no, what is she doing here?

You: "No! Run away Laura!" But she doesn't stop, instead she continues to run towards, me... I look back and see her. "No... tell her to run F/n, get her out of here, you aren't strong enough..."

Father: "F/n. Take Laura and run far away from here."

M/N: "But what about you?" No... not this again...

Father: "Don't worry about that, just run!" I grab Laura's hand and run off. I see everything repeat again. As soon as the towns out of view, that damned dragon shows up again. I begin fighting it, but Laura doesn't run, she just stands there crying.

You: "No... please don't make me watch!" The dragon smacks me to the ground, then sends an extremely powerful roar at me, but, I see Laura run in front of me again. "NO! Don't Do It!" Then, I seem to teleport inside of my body lying there, I see her standing in front of me, as I lie there helpless...

Laura: "I'm not strong enough to make a difference in this world F/n... But you, you are... Please, make this world a happy place, for everybody. For me..." Then the blast explodes, as she stands there smiling at me.

I wake up in a cold sweat, tears streaming down my face... I get up and walk downstairs, off onto the porch, overlooking the sea.

You: "Laura... I failed you again... I-I'm still not strong enough, to make this world a better place." I say, crying. "I'm so sorry, I wish I was the man you said I was... But I'm just not... I'm no hero, hell, I've killed more people than I've saved... I guess it should have been me to take that blast, huh? I was your older brother. I failed to protect you. And then when dad was gone... I failed to protect Mom and Evelyn... I let those men hurt them..."

Erza POV

I feel him sit up, panting. Then he walks off. I get up and follow him out, only to hear him talking to himself about his past, crying silently. I-I don't think I've ever seen him truly cry before... I've seen a tear here or there, but never like this, before, even though he was crying, he still always looked strong... But here, now, he looked weak, I've never seen M/n look weak before... I didn't like seeing him like this... I walk up behind him, and wrap my arms under his, holding onto his shoulders, resting my head against his back. I hear his breath hitch, and when I look up, he was staring me down, eyes wide in shock. Then, he turns around, and buries his head into my neck.

You: "I've failed to protect everybody I care about? Why am I such a failure? I can never come through when it matters... I-if it weren't for Mavis, you all would have died on Tenrou Island... I-I promised my sister to make this world a better place, she sacrificed herself, for me... My Little Sister Died For Me! I Was Supposed To Protect Her!" He screams out, his voice was hoarse from crying. "I-I can't do it... No matter how hard I try... Everybody I love, they always die, because of me... I let my Mother and Sister get Abused! Because I Wasn't Strong Enough!" He brings his head back, still looking at the ground. "I should have been the one to die all those years ago... I don't deserve this life... The next time Acnologia and I meet... It will be for the final time... For both of us, I am going to make sure, that bastard won't hurt anyone else... I need to keep my promise to her. She died, my little sister died to protect her older brother... The least I can do is give my life back, to make sure her promise comes true..." I feel tears on my own face as he sighs and looks up to me, then, I smack him.

Erza: "Stop This! You Are The Strongest Wizard In Fiore M/N! I've Seen What You Can Do! Would Your Sister Want You To Die!? Think About Everybody Else That Would Affect! Everybody At The Guild! How Would They React If You Died!? They All Look Up To You! You Are A Hero To Them! How would it affect the people who love you...? Wendy, Natsu, Gray, Lucy, and myself... We all think of you as family... And even though Natsu and Gray won't admit it... They both look up to you as well. How would they feel if their idol died like that? In a tie... M/n, don't take the easy way out... please... Don't die M/n... I-I need you..." He looks up to me in shock.