Chapter 26

"Y/N." 

Looking over, you see Kakashi, looking mega stressed. You hum, somewhat worried about him. He seemed really strained. 

"Yes?" 

"Sasuke has been taken from the village." He 'reveals.' 

You nod, looking at the ground. 

"Lady Tsunade wants to see you," he sighs, "I'd hurry."

You nod again, about to walk away, but your conscience just couldn't let you. Not Madara, he played no part in this.

Before Kakashi could walk off again, you turn, power walking over to him. He looks down, and you hug him. His visible eye, previously half-lidded, widens. Shaking off the shock, he returns the hug, albeit hesitantly. 

"How long is this going to take?"

If you could glower at him, you would. 

When you and Kakashi part, he smiles at you. "Thanks. I... really needed that."

"I could tell."

Waving as you walked off with a smile, you jump onto a roof, heading to Tsunade's office. 

"Alright." You begin, sighing. "Why are you being a prick."

"I only said one thing."

"Yeah, and that one thing was dickish."

Madara huffs quietly, not wanting to admit his (very apparent) jealousy. Crossing his arms, he opens his eyes for a moment, looking to the side. Admittedly, he didn't view Kakashi as much of a threat, but you did care for him the same as you did with Obito. Perhaps Kakashi should be taken into account.

You squint at the approaching building, nodding to yourself as you see the windows open and waiting. Taking a heavy step, you spring yourself into the office, landing with a small roll before popping back up. 

"What's shakin' bacon?" You casually ask, Tsunade leaning on her elbows while her hands shielded her mouth from view.

"What does that-" She sighs, shaking her head. "Nevermind. I believe Kakashi has informed you about Sasuke's situation?"

You nod, waiting for her to continue.

"I want you to join the team to-"

"Sorry, but no can do." You interrupt, watching her recoil a slight bit.

"What?! Why not?!"

"Sasuke... even if he made a really bad decision, he still made the choice. No one is forcing him to do this, and that's probably like a breath of fresh air to him."

"But going to Orochimaru? I know how much you care for him, but letting him go with that mad man makes me question if you truly do."

Letting out a breath, you respond calmly. "Even if it is a terrible, life-changing mistake, it is still his to make. Everyone learns from their experiences, and keeping him in the village is not allowing him to learn. I do care for him like he was my own little brother, but this is something he needs to do. His purpose isn't noble, but it certainly drives him to new heights. Besides, I trust him. He won't be killed, especially not by the likes of Orochimaru."

Tsunade, still somewhat taken aback by your refusal, dully nods. "I... I still plan on sending a team for his retrieval."

"Then send one. He still made his choice, and there's no going back."

Tsunade sighs, dismissing you.

"Before I go, I plan on using the tiny scroll I got, so if I disappear or there's an explosion, there ya go."