Look Out for the Quiet One

It was just one of those nights. You were inside the warehouse currently being used by your sect of the Vale Branch of the White Fang. While you were never a fan of Adam's leadership you knew for a fact you could challenge his skill level. You were also not a fan of the humans Adam decided to align himself with. It just seemed like a crime lord, some girl, an assassin a thief and some short girl.

The last one was the most concerning for you since she seemed more threatening than the others. She would also get involve in raids and small attacks here and there with you guys. You were never a fan of humans but when the time called for it to work with them, you did so as long as you benefited from it. Despite all that, tonight was meeting night among the White Fang Alphas, captains if you would, of certain branches to meet together and get everyone else on the same page.

However, tonight just so happened to have Roman and the short girl, Neo as he called her, also in attendance. You were more annoyed that Roman was given freed reign of the place rather than Adam or the other Alphas. He just laid his plans out and ordered you and your sect to attack an inbound cargo train full of SDC weaponry and dust to resupply some White Fang brothers. You rolled your eyes and accepted the mission.

As you were leaving the meeting, you felt something tug at your white coat. You turned back and saw Neo standing there with a smile on her face.

(Y/N): Oh, you're Roman's girl, huh?

She shook her head no.

(Y/N): Then what are you here for?

Neo just shrugged and gave you a smile.

(Y/N): What do you want?

Neo took out a sheet of paper and wrote down on it and held it up to you.

"Roman took off. Need a ride."

(Y/N): And me, because?

She wrote again, "Because he assigned me to the raid tomorrow."

(Y/N): Of course he did. Look, I don't think a girl like you is going to get much out of a White Fang base ok? So why don't you find someone else to take you-

You were cut off as Neo extended a blade up and towards your neck. You sighed and rolled your eyes.

(Y/N): Alright. Let's get going.

Neo smiled once again and followed you onto the bullhead. From there, you and your sect began to go through the basic training routine for the raid. It was all basic stuff, shooting drills, swordplay, sheath operations. It was all the usual gig for us. What was surprised you the most was that Neo wanted in on the training. Sure, you knew she could fight but against a bunch thugs was a bit unheard of.

However, it was scary seeing her flip around and easily take on some of your best in fist fighting. You also entered the ring to fight off the little ice cream girl. You and her entered a brief fist fight, throwing kicks punches and grabs at one another. Eventually, she beats you and from there, continues to lead the drills while you get medicine for your splitting headache. As your trying to heal up and get ready for tomorrow, Neo walks in with another ice pack for you.

(Y/N): Is there something you need?

She handed you the ice pack and gave you a faint smile. You took it and placed it over your bruise and she began to write something down on a sheet of paper. She handed it to you and you began to read it.

"Sorry. Didn't mean to hit you that hard."

(Y/N): Yeah. Sure you didn't.

"I really didn't mean to. Honestly. Call me what you will but I don't like seeing allies hurt."