Chapter 31

Thanksgiving was amazing. Being surrounded by family and friends was a great way to help me cope with the miscarriage, even if they didn't know it. I told Finn that I didn't want to tell my family and he understood.

Only Jason and Emma knew about it and I intended on keeping it that way for a little while longer.

Jason and Sam reaked havoc on Finn and I throughout the week. They were like twins and it drove me crazy. My father and Finn's father loved Jason. My dad was treating him like his long lost son.  I wasn't sure if Jason was my friend or my father's friend anymore. It scared me how much my dad liked all my friends. It was like when he first found out Finn and I were dating. Suddenly, Finn's long lost brother from another mother.

Thanksgiving dinner consisted of dad, me, Finn, George, and Jason. It was an odd combination but it was a lot nicer than the lonely Thanksgiving we all usually had.

Finn's father hosted it because we hosted the last dinner. Of course, moving from my mansion to Finn's modern beachfront villa only encouraged Jason's 'rich kid' jokes. Groton in general wasn't a rich town. In reality, Groton had lots of rundown and poverty stricken neighborhoods. There were also the areas with a lot of middle class Navy families that would stick around for a few months then leave for other bases when their contracts were up. Then there were the rich kids that lived on the shore. That's that type of neighborhood that Connecticut was known for.

Getting back into lacrosse was easy for the most part. There were a few weightlifting moves where I was slightly sore, but they went away with in the first two days. This time instead of just Finn watching me like a hawk, Jason was too.

He was deathly afraid of me getting extremely hurt. I think Jason was scarred from watching me bleed out and almost stop breathing. I don't blame him.

Even after I made a good hit, one of them had to come over and check on me when the play moved to a different part of the field. They were like my paranoid, overprotective siblings.

Finn was reluctant to have sex with me at first. He made me wait until I wasn't sore at practice, which wasn't that long but it felt like forever. Finn just didn't want me to get hurt. But after I was fine the first time, we quickly became more aggressive again.

You would think most people would ease back into sex.

We did no such thing.

It was like the honeymoon phase all over again. If Jason thought we were intimate too often before, now he wanted to rip my head off. At this point, we were so used to our friends almost walking in on us having sex that when Jason walked in, sat down, and watched tv on our coach while Finn and I were fucking in our room, it didn't phase any of us.

That scared me in a creepy way.

We were all crazy.

By now it was a week before Christmas and ESPN was doing it's Olympic Body Issue shoot. Similarly to Nike, they were featuring the lacrosse team. This was the sport that the US was expected to easily win. Any athlete would love the attention but it stressed me out. If we lost to Canada that could make it even worse.

Since lacrosse was the new sport and it was full of hot and sexy guys, it was natural that we would have lots of photoshoots. Any one familiar with the Body Issue would know that the magazine was very risqué.

There would be a team shot with us all in uniform but there were also individual, borderline nude shots.

Then there was the cover.

It wasn't a big deal for the guys but having a female made this whole thing more serious.

Insert eye roll.