CHAPTER 17

Ruby St. Clair's POV

I took a deep breath and sighed deeply while staring at the plane window. I still don't think this was a very good idea to come abroad with this man and play as his loving wife even just for a show. We both know that this charade would not last long only a period of two months. Heck, two months or eight weeks—correction, only seven by now since one week had passed since our deal.

I permitted myself to peek at him from the corners of my eyes. Here I was trapped inside his private plane bound to Italy against my will. He slouched casually in his leather seat while reading the newspapers since we boarded I was not sure if he was really interested in the news article he was reading or he found that damnable newspaper as an escape route to ignore my dark glares.

I sighed again since he was busy ignoring the venomous glare I'd been sending him. I stared back at my plane window and gaze at the white clouds.

"Stop sighing for heaven's sake." He said beneath the newspaper in front of him. I turned back my gaze at him but his face was still hidden at the broadsheets. "That's probably your twentieth sign since we boarded the plane."

I stared at him in astonishment. I was never aware that he's aware of me I thought he was ignoring me the whole time. "I still don't think this is a good idea, Roman. Introducing me as your wife with your friends is madness. Hell, in seven weeks we're going to part ways as we've never met each other before."

He finally managed to remove his damn eyes from the newspaper. He stared at me for a moment. "How heartless it sounds coming out from your mouth, Red. Aren't you at least going to miss our bonding moments these past few weeks?"

"No."

He smiled mockingly; closing the broadsheets he'd been reading and tossing them to the table in front of us. I didn't know if that smile on his face was directed at me or him. "What a cruel thing to say to your husband, Red. At least pretend that you're going to miss me."

I shook my head, staring deep into his eyes. "Sorry, I don't."

"Ouch." He pretended to be hurt by my answer but I know otherwise. "If our time has ended I am going to miss you, you and your temperamental personality."

I frowned at him disapprovingly. "Are you insulting me with your words, sir?"

He held up his hands high, he smiled dazzlingly in my direction like a true charmer. I tried so hard not to be affected by his lethal charm but sadly it's disturbing me despite my resistance. "That's flattery not insult, my dearest wife. You need to learn to distinguish flattery from insult, my darling love."

I waved my hand brushing off his flirtatious manner. I would not let this devil affect me more than it should be considered safe from my wary heart. "Save your adulation to other women, Roman. I hate to tell you this but it has no effect on me. I am immune to flatteries from men like you."

"I beg to disagree." He replied with the same devilish smile on his face. "No woman is immune to sweet talk, my dear. If a woman claims that she's unaffected by such words then it means that the guy should need to work hard for him to creep inside her heart."

I clicked my tongue, lowering my lashes so he could not see my eyes. "That's the problem. I don't want him to creep inside my heart."

He gave me a guarded smile. There was something about our conversation that turn a serious and forbidden topic in my opinion. "Are we still talking about general things here or only one guy, in particular, Red?"

"General things, of course," I answered without a heartbeat. I don't think I want where our conversation was leading so I decided to change the topic. "So tell me. Is this friend of yours has the same flirtatious manner as yours? I want to prepare myself before I meet him."