A New Chapter

"BAHHHHH!" I scream.

"Hey Emma?" I see Aaron cringing at the loudness of my voice.

"Hi Aaron." I sigh.

"What's up now?" He chuckles, knowing I need an ear and maybe advice.

"Life!" I sigh once more.

"You got to be a little more specific." He chuckles once more.

"So Jason and I went shopping today..."

"Wait, Jason went shopping?" He interrupts me.

"Let me rephrase. Jason and I went to Santa Monica Pier and then Third Street Promenade to shop." I correct myself.

"Okay. That makes more sense." He grins.

"Oh shut it. Let me finish." I frown.

He mimes locking his lips and throwing away the key.

"Oh my god. It was fun at first, but then girls started following him everywhere. We were playing beach volleyball and then these girls get up all in my face. They wanted to join, so of course I'm like 'HELL NO' but they join since Jason probably wants to see their boobs bounce or something. Anyways, he puts them on MY SIDE! All they do is get in the way and I kindly tell them to leave. guess what? THEY TAKE OFFENSE AND START BITCHING! Next thing I know they are getting ready to claw me to death..."
I rant.

"Deep breath Em..." He cautions me over my Mac screen. "in...out..."

"YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN US SHOPPING!" I pout. I didn't get to buy a single thing because he was too busy flirting with girls. There's something wrong! He doesn't flirt with girls."

"Well, guys his age..." Aaron begins to explain.

"Nope, I'm not done." I cut him off. "Like what happened to that badass vibe he had. He was cool!"

"Em...You really love your brother, don't you?" He laughs. "You seem to put your brother on a high pedestal. He's just a regular teenage boy. I'm sure he just wants to have a fling or two.."

"Alright. I know that." I grumble. "How's your summer been so far?"

"Rather chill. I've been catching some waves down at the beach. I also got hooked up to work at a small coffee shop nearby."

"Dude! That's great! I'm proud of you. How much you get paid?" I ask.

"Minimum wage." He sighs.

"Yo, at least you get paid man." I console him. "Dude, teach me how to surf!"

"You don't know how to surf?" He sounds shocked. "THE EMMALYN CARTER DOESNT KNOW HOW TO SURF!"

"What's the big deal?" I feel embarassed.
"There are tons of things I can't do sheesh."

"No, it's just surprising. You live next to a beach and you don't know how to surf." He teases. "But sure. When you're free, I'm down to teach you...for a fee."

"Aaron!" I whine. "I thought we were friends."

"Fine. No fee because I'm a wonderful friend." He laughs. "I got to go. I'll see you later!"

"See ya." I end the call.

"Hey Emmy." Jason's head pops out from the door frame. "Siobhan and dad are coming home tonight in a few hours. Remember the party is tonight. I don't know what it's for though, but everyone should be there. Wear something nice."

"When do I not wear something nice?" I stick my tongue out at him. I totally forgot about the big party tonight. Mom told me about it a month ago. Whoops. I don't remember what it's for.