I Am Trikru

"What are you doing here Jade?" Bellamy asked her carefully

"What are you doing here Jade?" Bellamy asked her carefully. When she entered the room the girl fidgeted around the room. Her eyes darting from one side to the other not staying on anything too long. "Nia's going to be worried about you."

"I know." She admitted quietly. Finally, she looked up at him and decided to speak. "Why did you do it? Nia was talking with Alec and she said you did it for me and her. But I don't think that's the truth."

Bellamy was taken aback on what she had just said. He didn't know what to tell her. She was a child, she shouldn't need to know about the horrors he had done.

"Is this about the attack on the mountain? Because that was Azgeda. They have been Trikru's enemy for years." Jade informed quietly unsure of who he'd react. But still he said nothing after. We were there, in the camp."

He said nothing as guilt began to seep through him. But her next question made his breath hitch. His feared his actions changed the image in her mind.

"Would you have attacked if we stayed? Indra wanted us to stay but Nia thought it best to come back." She bowed her head a little and he had no clue what to say.

What answer would comfort her? What would salvage the image in her eyes? But he was only protecting them.

"I know about your ghosts. Nia has them too. I think that's why she shelters us so much. She doesn't want us to deal with them." She finished.

Each conversation he had brought more guilt up inside him. First Nia had pointed out his mental standing, now Jade was questioning their standing in his life.

"I think you should go back to Nia." He recommended needing a moment to take in all that they had said.

She didn't say a word but she just turned and left the room. He hated how they had such an effect on him. But what he hated more was how they thought they meant nothing to him. How his actions were bad. He was simply doing what he thought was best for them and his people. Before he had more time to ponder, a knock sounded and it was one of the guards informing him about the meeting that would be taking place.

"Our goal is secure access to water and arable lands, with defensible terrain on as many sides as possible. A 15 kilometer perimeter around Arkadia should be sufficient." Pike informed those that were gathered for the meeting.

"15 kilometers? Sir, there's a Grounder village." Bellamy countered remembering the villages' location. Nia had spent so much time informing him of their culture and even their language.

"Which would no doubt be the staging area of a retaliatory attack. Clearing it will be our first order of business. What's the location of the village?" Pike asked Bellamy knowing he'd know the exact position.

"Clear the village?" Bellamy questioned Pike's orders.

"Give us the room." Pike ordered the others. The way Bellamy was questioning him, let him know that he wasn't on board with the plan.