Chapter 22: The Crazy Plan

Sonia's P.O.V

I woke up super early this morning because of Elijah. After feeding him, I couldn't fall asleep again so instead I got up and wore one of Sam's shirts and my black sweatpants, the usual clothes I've lately always been wearing. I put my hair in a messy bun and took a quick look at myself in the mirror.

I took a closer look at my neck noticing a bright reddish coloured mark that Sam had purposely left last night. I ran my fingers across it blushing, remembering yesterdays memories. I shook my head putting aside all those thoughts and walked downstairs.

I walked into the kitchen to grab something to eat before Sam and the twins wake up. I wasn't feeling hungry so I grabbed an apple instead and went over to the living and took my phone out. I looked at my texts and they were all from Norah.

Norah and I haven't hung out in a while, ever since the Ball actually. I rang her number and waited for her to pick up.

"Sonia, hey!" Norah beams through the phone.

"Hey! How are you?" I greet.

"I'm good, busy with work. Everything okay?" She sounded worried.

"No everything's fine, Norah you texted me..." I chuckled.

"Oh, right sorry I wanted to check up on you. We haven't talked in a while. I miss you. So let's do something, all of you come over today, it'll be fun! We'll catch up." She cheers. She sure has a lot of energy, She seems different.

"Yes! We would love to. I miss you too Norah! Does four sound good?" I beam.

"Yes! See you guys then! Bye!"

"Bye!" I say before hanging up.

This is good, I finally get to catch up with Norah and Sam can chill with Jackson and the twins. Oh my god Jackson! He could find out why his nasty sister is back or maybe what his father was up too. Maybe I was pushing it but it does help that Jackson is part of that family which could somehow help us.

I don't why but I felt extremely bad for doing this, I have no idea what has gotten into me, I can't do this to my friends. But yet again I want this to be over with. I pushed that thought aside and instead just thought of a wonderful evening with my friends and family.

***

"No Sam! Absolutely not! I already thought about this and it didn't end well." I huff going into the closet to find something to wear for Norahs.

"But I'll be asking him the question, it won't hurt him. This may just help us Son!" He whines.

Now Sam had that same idea I had a couple of hours ago and I already told him not to interrogate but he was insisting it would help us.

"We're supposed to have fun today, we're not interrogating our friends in their own home, Sam!" I sighed trying to convince him not to do such a thing.

"Just a couple questions Son that's it, he won't even know." He stares at me like a child.

"Fine." I gave up.

***

We had finally reached Norahs about an hour ago and had dinner a while ago. The twins were with Sam and Jack in the other room, while Norah and I stayed in the living room chatting and catching up.

"Okay, I really didn't want to say anything... but I'm dying to know. So please don't get mad." Norah grins.

"Why would I get mad? Go ahead tell me." I curiously ask now wanting to know what she has to say.

"Okay well the other day Hailey was over and it slipped that... Sam had agreed to go out with her... I mean WHY? Is everything okay with you guys? I mean I saw that thing on your neck but again you guys are confusing you know so I never know." She backs away nervously trying to catch her breath.

I could feel my face burning up and I immediately put my hand over the mark on my neck from last night trying to cover it. I knew I should've used concealer. I tried to cover it up with powder but good to know it hasn't worked at all. I didn't really know it showed that much. Oh my gosh, I wonder what they thought of when they saw Sam's lip, I could feel my face burning up from embarrassment.

"Um well... They're going out to talk about business stuff, so basically a business meeting over dinner. Don't worry everything's fine between us." I leave out the mark part awkwardly smiling hoping she would forget to about the mark on my neck. If only I could tell her the truth about this whole thing. I hated lying to her.

"So... you're fine with this? Why do I find this hard to believe? You hate the women." She raised her brow. I could tell she was suspicious.

"Of course I'm not fine with it. Yes, I do hate her, she's a nasty woman. But what can I do it's for work, I mean it's not like I could go and spy on them." I laugh and her face immediately lights up.

I've always been scared of that look.

"Oh no. Please don't tell me. Please, Norah." I whine, knowing she probably thought of a stupid idea from what I had just said.

"I have an idea. Lets spy on them." There it is.

"No. absolutely not. We're not in college anymore we can not do things like this. You're crazy." I laugh at her insane idea.

"She's a witch Son, we need to keep an eye on her, plus your husband is something, he looks like one of those models from those Calvin Klein ads." She throws her hand in the air.

"What?" I say laughing.

"What I'm being honest here. Common I'm bored." She whines.

"So you want us to follow my husband around because you're bored?" I raised my brow. I don't know what got into her.

"Yes... We have to keep an eye on that horrible women, we can't trust her." For some reason that made sense to me.

she is a horrible woman, and couldn't be trusted. I thought for a second before giving my final answer.

"Okay." I don't why I agreed to this crazy idea. Norah seemed excited about this and I really wanted Hailey nowhere near my man. Plus, I was kind of bored too.

"Yay! Okay, so when is their 'Bussiness meeting'?" She asked.

"Tomorrow."

"Okay, then I will see you tomorrow. This is so great!" She jumps in excitement.

I know I will regret this tomorrow, Sam won't be happy if he finds out we were going to stalk him tomorrow and this could ruin his mission, but for some reason, the inner childish part in me won. Norah was acting strangely as well, she never thinks about crazy things like this, she's the mature one, always has been. But lately, she's been having these weird mood swings. I guess I was doing this for her more than for myself.

 I guess I was doing this for her more than for myself

_________________________________
Authors Note 📝

Hey loves! I just wanted to thank you all for your patience, I know you've all been waiting for a long time. I appreciate it! I notice each and every one of you, thank you all so much for the endless love and support!
Don't forget to follow, vote and share! Also follow me on instagram for more updates _sarahaxox