91. Birthday

The two of us left the mall not too long after finishing our meal at the cafe. Like expected, the temperature outside was pretty chilly but not anything to unbearable for it was merely autumn and not winter time. Since the time was 7:00 P.M., most people had left work. Therefore, the plaza was pretty packed. There were still the same groups of people as before, but now, there were office workers who had came to shop with their colleagues as well as couples who had came for a date.

To others... would Luna and I look like a couple? I thought as we walked past the many pairs of couples and their public displays of affection.

"So I guess we'll be heading our separate ways now." 

She turned to me as we finally arrived onto the sidewalk by the main road. She then held out a hand towards me, gesturing for me to hand her the bags that I was carrying for her all while maintaining a cheerful smile on her face. I stared at her outreached hand, and sighed. I shook my head as I took out my phone to summon for a taxi.

"What're you doing?" she asked with a slight tilt of her head.

"I'm calling a taxi," I said as I navigated the taxi app. "I'm not letting you take the train home by yourself while carrying all this stuff." I then locked the screen on my phone as I placed my request on the app and a taxi was enroute. "I'll go with you."

"..." She blushed as she stared into my eyes. Then, she laughed and smiled peacefully. "You're so considerate," she whispered. "Thank you."

Once the taxi arrived, the two of us boarded the automobile. Then, we were off to Luna's place of residence.

It wasn't a very long drive since Luna lived in one of the tall buildings by the Helliger River. Along the way were beautiful skyscrapers and tall concrete buildings that reflected the sinking sun with their many glass windows. On the road, the street lights were on, illuminating the sidewalk as well as the main road for automobiles. As the world darkened, the light from the interior of the many stores also shined brightly on the side of the street.

After about ten minutes, the taxi arrived at the foot of the building where Luna resided in. I got out of the car with Luna while carrying the plastic bags containing the items that she had bought and allowed the taxi to drive off. As for the taxi fare, it'll be automatically deducted from my wallet.

Luna seemed to notice my intent to carry what she had bought up to her house, so she waited patiently for me by the automatic door that led into her building. 

"Let's go," she said with a smile as she entered the building with me following close behind her.

The last time I had came to this place was late at night. Therefore, everything appeared different and alien to me at the moment due to the fact that it was still dusk. However, that didn't bother me from recalling what floor she lived on.

Therefore, after entering the elevator, my eyes darted over to the smart monitor by the elevator door and watched as Luna entered the floor she lived on. Like I expected, it was the fortieth floor. The doors then closed and the soft elevator music began playing as we ascended the building and away from the ground.

Like the floor my house was on, each floor in Luna's building harbors two houses. Once we arrived at the fortieth floor, Luna got out first and headed to the door on the right of the short hallway to unlock the door to her house. She then held the door open for me as I brought the bags into her house and placed them on the floor.

"That should be everything," I said as I let out a sigh of relief after freeing myself of the burdens that I had carried for the entire day.

"Thank you," Luna smiled as she surveyed the multiple sturdy plastic bags that I had laid down on the floor inside her house right by the doorway. Then, she took a deep breath and looked to the side while maintaining a slight blush on her face. "You want to stay for a cup of tea?" she asked. "My parent's aren't home..."