Chapter 20

Jeff .T.K POV
[Name] takes a deep breath, breathing out as much as possible to calm herself down before she slowly turns around to face me. All I can describe my reaction was, well, I don't know. I didn't say a word, I couldn't. For the first time in a long time, I was speechless. I finally understood why she wore the mask. But, I hated her for wearing it. She,. She was... beautiful. The right side of her face was normal, like any other persons face would be like. Smooth [SkinTone] skin. Bright [E/C] eye. Perky lips and fluttering lashes. But her left side.. What had happened. Her eye, was a colourless, dull, blank, grey. Not seeming to focus on me, or on anything, the whites of her eye were severely bloodshot and looked majorly sore. The skin around her eye, traveling down the left side of her face, was tight and scarred, as if to burnt.  I felt so angry that she was hiding herself behind a mask. She was truly beautiful, more so than me.

"That's why you ran into me, in the forest

"That's why you ran into me, in the forest.. That's why your reaction was slow when I threw the knife at the wardrobe.. I was always on your left. Your left eye, you're-"
"Blind.."
She interrupts me, lowering her head. Her soft hair falling down, shading and hiding her face.
"What happened to you?"
She takes yet another deep breath, lifting her head. A tear sliding down her cheeks, dripping from her chin and dropping to the floor. Silently splashing near her foot.
"My parents. The hospital. The doctors. The nurses. They, they did this to me... I.. I need, to get my revenge..Please Jeff. Please! Let me do this and don't try to stop me!"
She speaks between sobs and cries. Her eyes squinting shut each time she does so. But, I don't answer what she said right away. Instead, I tell her to close both her eyes as I walk away and grab something. Making my way back to her. Raising my hand to cover her right eye.
"[Name], open your left eye. What do I have in my hand?"
I press my hand closely on her right eye and watch as she opens her left. I could tell her right eye was still closed as her eyelashes didn't move or even flinch.
"I don't know.."
I look to my free hand to see the picture frame of [Name] as a child. Raising it so it was directly in front of her left eye, inches away from touching her, I ask her again.
"What is in my hand?"
"I don't know.. Jeff, all I can see is darkness, emptiness... Nothing."

Sighing, I lower both my hands, placing down the frame. Allowing her to open her right eye again so she can see.
"I'm not going to stop you getting your revenge."
She smiles weakly, her brows coming together as she looks like she's about to cry of joy and relief.
"Really?.. thank y-"
"But. You can't stop me from helping you."
Her face drops. I could tell she wasn't too happy about that. I understand that she wants to take on this revenge alone, but taking down an entire mental hospital is going to be tricky and she will need the help. She may be strong with her power, but physically and emotionally, she's weak. If anything were to happen. I doubt that she would be able to defend herself. I doubt that highly.