One Shot Winner Announced!

Hello my lovely readers!  I would love to announce our winner of the one shot contest is...drum roll please....

myreadingaddictions  !!!!!!!

Everyone go check out her 3 published works!

And without further ado, the one shot!

Tap. Tap. Tap.

Holly nervously chewed the inside of her lip as her right hand made several tapping noises on the wooden table in front of her.

She couldn't help but fidget in her plush seat; blowing her hair from her face every two seconds; restlessly shaking her left leg and wringing her hands together like she always did when she was anxious.

He was late.

Normally this wouldn't bother her, he was a busy man with a hectic schedule and she understood that but today was special. It was their four year anniversary and everything was supposed to be perfect.

Her eyes scanned the quaint restaurant in a police like manner, scrutinising every inch of the place, almost as if she was expecting him to appear from out of the covered over dish the red headed waitress was carrying, she wouldn't put it past him.

Over the years he had gained a reputation in Holly's eyes for doing the stupidest yet most amazing of things. On her birthday last year she had wanted a quiet night in with her boyfriend but as usual he was running late. When the pizza guy had showed up it had turned out to be Sebastian in disguise. He had written a birthday song for her and performed it to her in the rain on her doorstep in a pizza delivery outfit. Although it was one of his more peculiar ideas she still treasured every moment of it and the memories were near and dear to her heart like most of her memories with him.

After fifteen minutes of waiting around for her idiotic boyfriend he finally walked through the door, clad in a smart black suit. Holly released a breath she didn't even know she was holding. He looked just as dashing as ever, his hair styled effortlessly to the side and his gorgeous eyes finding hers immediately, shining with happiness when they did.

"Sorry I'm a little late, red," he said in his heart meltingly smooth voice.

She was originally going to get upset with him about it because he was always late, however, this once she refrained. It was probably the nickname she adored hearing from his lips along with his ever stunning appearance but whatever the reason was she just sighed and shook her head with a smile, effectively saying that it was alright.

For some reason she found it impossible to stay mad at this boy; something about him was just so captivating and calming.

They sat and talked comfortably in their favourite little Italian restaurant and seemed so at a distance from the rest of the world. Here they could just be themselves: Sebastian and Holly, without any pressure from the outside world, it was the breath of fresh air they both truly needed. For the entire meal they were constantly smiling, laughing and joking with one another, the perfect way to spend the perfect evening.

However, Sebastian was hoping to make it even more perfect, regardless of how impossible that seemed.

After paying for their meal, he drove Holly to the one place closest to his heart — the stadium where they met for the first time.

He lead her inside with his large hands covering her eyes to prevent her from peaking.

"Sebastian, what are we doing?" She asked with a small giggle, having never gotten tired of his endless surprises.

"Patience, my love, you'll see," he whispered into her ear.

She huffed but wasn't actually annoyed, in truth she loved not knowing what he was planning, it sent flutters of excitement through her entire body.

He lead her to a row of seats and she sat down, still completely oblivious to his plans.

"Now sit here but don't open your eyes until I tell you," he told her in his softest voice as he removed his hands from her eyes and disappeared from sight.

Holly did as she was told but it wasn't without struggle, she was giddy with excitement and was dying to know what was going on. She wasn't sure how much more of this mystery she could take.

Suddenly, she heard his voice boom around the whole stadium and she almost squealed in anticipation.

"You can open your eyes now, red."

When she had opened them her eyes went wide in wonder. The entire stadium had been decorated in fairy lights, they being the only source of light, creating the most romantic setup she could possibly imagine.

She could feel the massive grin on her face as he began to sing. His fingers danced across the grand piano he was playing and his voice made her ears tingle in joy and pleasure, a sensation she hadn't believe possible. It was the most gorgeous love song she'd ever heard in her entire life and he'd written it just for her.

She wasn't sure when she started crying but there were now tears of pure happiness on her face and her smile almost seemed to be permanently stuck there, not dropping for even a second.

Once the stunning melody had finished and the sound faded from her ears, Sebastian stood up and walked towards her, a spotlight following him as he did.

She had already stoop up ready to jump at him once he was near but something prevented her from doing so, rooting her to the spot once he was just a metre away.

"Red," Sebastian breathed out as he got on one knee and reached for a small black velvet box in his suit jacket. "Words can't even begin to describe my feelings for you but I hope my song conveyed to you just how I feel. I love you, Holly, with my whole being and that will never change. I look forward to every moment we spend together and can't even begin to fathom a world that you're not a part of. What I'm trying to say is, Holly Vickers, will you marry me?"

All words had escaped her in that moment, all she could do was merely take in a large breath to make sure she was still breathing.

After a pregnant moment a smile larger than what was thought possible spread across her face. "Yes," she breathed, barely managing to get the word out due to her shock and sheer happiness. "Yes, I will marry you Sebastian Jennings."

His smile matched hers as he slipped the ring onto her finger. Their hearts were beating in perfect sink as Sebastian leaned in and kissed Holly with pure adoration and love.

Nothing in the entire world could compare to the happiness those two felt in that moment. Their happy ending was in sight but their story was nowhere near over, on the contrary, it was only just beginning. 

~~~~~~~

And that was it!!  I'll keep everyone updated to let you all know if I'm deciding to do a sequel for Beat of My Heart but for now I'm writing Royally Flushed!  Thank you to all who stuck through this with me and for those of you who participated in the one shot contest! 

Thank you all, and for the very last time,

-Kristen :)