Princess of Misery

~Louis~

Watching her cry was a sweet torture to my very existence. On the one hand, I was supposed to hate her; resent her for being the perfect candidate that I was sure my parents would push upon me to marry.

And then on the other, I saw her resilience. Even though it was clear that something traumatic had happened to her in her past, she was still strong and somewhat defiant; I just wasn't quite sure what had happened to her to make her that way.

I shook my head. It didn't matter-everyone went through something horrible at least once in their lives, she probably just had her heart broken by some young boy who didn't know how to make her happy, not like a real man like I could.

What?! I shook my head again, trying to clear the images from my brain of the tears falling down her cheeks, the mental image of me wiping them away for her was making me sick to my stomach.

I saw that she was looking at something very intensely on her phone, and her eyes had grown wide in fear, at least I assumed the emotion was fear as far as I could tell from where I was standing. I supposed that standing there alone and watching a young girl as she cried could have been considered perverted behavior, but I was used to doing what I wanted, when I wanted no matter the consequence on my reputation or my family's for that matter.

When I didn't get her fear or submission of me the day before in the hallway or in the lunch room, I simply couldn't take my eyes off her any longer.

And then she looked up. Those blue eyes stained in red and her silvery tears dripping from them, it was almost ethereal. I was too shocked to look away, how could I? Her dark was shining in the sun, revealing deep auburn sparkling strands and I knew right then that I wasn't through with her, I never would be.

I was going to know her, truly know her, and I didn't care if destroyed us both in the process.

***

~Malia~

After I caught Prince High and Mighty staring at me, I high tailed it into my first class of the day, which thankfully didn't involve him. I got out my writing utensils from my book bag but when I looked up I saw none other than the Prince himself, strolling into my class like he owned the place.

Hell, he probably did own the place, or at least his mommy and daddy-the crowned rulers of the country- did.

I caught his eye and the smirk that transformed his usually angry or bored face made me do a double take. Why was he smirking, and why was that smirk directed at me?

He walked up to our teacher and whispered something in her ear and then I almost fell out of my chair at what happened next.

"Mr. Davies, would you please mind moving to the empty seat in the back row?" the teacher asked a scrawny boy sitting next to me and we all gazed at her in curiosity of what was happening.

I scrunched my eyebrows as the boy sitting directly to my right got his things packed up and moved. And then before he could even take one step towards the seat he was given, Louis snatched up his chair and I was left staring at him, gobsmacked.

"Hello there, Princess," he said to me and my eyes narrowed at him in annoyance. Who did he think he was, walking in like he knew exactly what he was doing, making the person beside me move so that he could sit in the same place? The Prince of England, that's who he thought he was...and that entitled him to whatever shitty behavior he wanted.

"Don't call me that," I told him, not wanting my mind to get foggy over the way his navy blue dress shirt carefully hugged his protruding arm muscles, the way his pink lips curled up into a curvaceous and breathtaking lopsided smile, the way the color of his shirt brought out the intense blue of his-