Chapter 17

My Brother's Keeper

❇❇❇❇

Her smile makes the sun rise and her love makes the flowers bloom but don't be the one to face her wrath, for her wrath is a thunder that'll erase your existence forever.

❇❇❇❇

"You're staring." Isabelle spoke in her sleepy voice, feeling his gaze on her.

"I'm admiring." He replied huskily, making her shiver.

"It's creepy." Isabelle said opening one eye to look at him as a chuckle escaped his lips. He gently traced her cheek with his fingertips as heat travelled up her face making him grin.

"It's romantic." Elijah retorted before he leaned forward to join their lips.

The night before, Elijah had offered to take her out for a late-night stroll to clear her head. She was obviously in a sour mood because of what happened earlier. 

The couple then ended up at a local diner, hogging on slices of pepperoni pizza with pints of beer–something, although foreign but relaxing at the same time yo both of them. 

That was how they ended up in Elijah's bedroom before she snuggled closer to him and slept, forgetting all about the long day she had.

"Good morning," Elijah mumbled tucking a hair strand behind her ear making her lean into his touch.

"I wish we could always stay like this," Isabelle whispered as she lay with her head on his chest while he ran his fingers through her hair.

"So do I." He planted a warm kiss on her forehead making her sigh.

"Nik won't stop until he knows he's forgiven," Isabelle said after a moment of thought.

"Yeah, he won't. I've never seen my brother care about anyone or anything the way he does for you." Isabelle hummed, drawing patterns on his chest with her fingertips.

"I still remember the last time I was angry at him, he went on a bunny diet straight for a week." Elijah scrunched his nose in disgust while she giggled.

"What are you going to do now?" He asked after a few moments. Isabelle took a deep breath.

"Well, I've got to find some way to alter my brother's conscience, then I have to look out for my sister who apparently broke up with Stefan and, has feelings for Damon–you know, according to a text I received last night. And oh yes, I have to help Caroline plan this Miss Mystic Falls pageant, which is tomorrow. Hmm, no biggie." Isabelle recited in a sarcastic tone making him chuckle.

"Oh boy, you got so much on your plate, especially considering how petite you look." He teased making her smack his chest as his laughter boomed around her.

"I'm not petite!"

"Sure." He said with an amused smirk plastered on his face making her roll her eyes at him.

"Come on now, we need to get up," Isabelle said, pulling away from his chest when his fingers wrap around her elbow gently and he pulled her back.