15. E,

Saturday afternoon consisted of several things. First was the sunshine. It was the beginning of August and the temperatures were high. But the warmth was a comfort. Second was the fact that I had the music up at full volume while I danced around the apartment in my underwear and there was no angry bastard around to complain about it.

He was off having sex with another woman.

In most circumstances, that would be devastating news. But I was hoping that it would result in Desmond wanting a divorce so that he could be with whoever this woman was. It would save me from having to ask for a divorce. It would allow me to leave the marriage safely. And all I had to do was hang in there for a little longer. I had faith that this would work.

After I had a shower, I stood in the mirror and smiled at my naked figure. It wasn't because I thought I looked fantastic or I was self obsessed. It was because there wasn't a hint of bruising on me. Whoever Desmond was screwing must have had a magic vagina because he'd been level headed all week.

Well, as level headed as Desmond can be.

He still threw a tantrum over the fact that I forgot to refill the salt shaker. I spent about two hours cleaning salt out of the carpet, couch and television unit after he threw the bag at me. But all things considered, that was tolerable.

When I was done admiring my clear skin, I dressed in a black off the shoulder playsuit. It was simple but cute and it went well with flip flops. I figured that I didn't need to dress to the nines for a dinner at Aiden's apartment. I twisted my hair into some soft waves and did a little bit of make up as well. I felt great as I headed downstairs with a bag containing a few things that we'd need for tonight. Aiden was waiting in his car. He'd let me know that Maddie had given him the address and I decided not to panic about it.

He seemed to understand that I didn't want him and Desmond crossing paths. It wasn't spoken out loud but I still knew that he was respecting that without making me say it. I climbed into the SUV and he handed me an ice tea while he stared over me, his gaze hidden behind the sunglasses. "You look beautiful," he said.

"Oh," I blushed and accepted the drink after I'd put my seatbelt on. "Thank you. You look great. Casual suits you."

He grinned. I meant it though. He looked incredible in his suit pants and crisp shirts. But he looked equally as handsome in his fitted black t-shirt and jeans. He had his hand rested lazily on the steering wheel, his other elbow was leaning on the centre console and I wanted to photograph him. He looked like one of the men that appeared in my Pinterest feed when I was drooling over hot celebrities.

"So," he spoke, startling me from staring at him for too long. "How are you? About the thing with your— boss?"

I sipped on the ice tea for a moment while I thought about it. "Better," I nodded, watching the streets pass outside. The beach on one side, the establishments on the other. "Yeah it still sucks. But I think now that the shock has worn off, I'm not as wound up about it. I'm sorry by the way, for being such a mess that night."

"Please don't apologise," he glanced towards me for a brief moment. "I think it's incredible how empathetic you are. You have a big heart. That's nothing to be sorry for."

My heart started to get all erratic as I grinned. Hearing him compliment me was something that I couldn't imagine getting used to. It warmed me all over. I felt it rush through me, coursing in my veins and accelerating the beat in my heart. Like a drug, but nothing could compare to this man.