Chapter 48

Milan 

"Kairi, you better stop stepping on your daddy's shoes" I said, putting a folded shirt onto to one of the shelves in his room

"Kairi, you better stop stepping on your daddy's shoes" I said, putting a folded shirt onto to one of the shelves in his room. Kai was supposed to be helping me get Gionni's closet together but she'd rather stomp on his shoes instead. She gave me a look, the same look Gionni gives when he's being a smarty pants and continued to jump on the next pair of many sneakers. "You need a nap?" I asked. 

"No" she said, which was probably her favorite word to say. 

"Then stop" I said, folding another shirt. G had so many damn clothes, most of them still with tags, and some he's never even gonna wear, he definitely gave me a run for my money in the clothing department. 

"Eat?" she asked. 

"You hungry again Kai?" I asked, shaking my head, putting the shirt on the shelf. "Come on" She followed behind me, out the closet, into the hallway and down the stairs. Once we were in the kitchen, I opened the fridge so she could pick what she wanted to eat. 

"dat" she said, pointing the cut watermelon. 

"Kai that's not food, that's a snack" I said. "What about some pizza?" I said, grabbing my phone. She nodded her, smiling. "You can have this now, while we wait okay?" I said, handing her a piece of watermelon. 

She took a bite of her watermelon, climbing into her seat at the table, as I turned on the tv in the kitchen. This damn tv was forever playing cartoons, just cause it was the easiest way to keep them calm either while I'm cooking or while eating. 

I clicked onto the pizza shop's website, ordering Kai's pizza, adding some for lil G and Lay knowing they'd be hungry too. Rell came walking into the kitchen, wearing a hoodie that was squeezed around his face. "You want something to eat?" I asked.

He quickly shook his head, never making eye contact. "NahI'm good" 

"What's going on with you.. did you and Breah break up or something?" I asked, seeing that he was acting weird and hadn't been out his room since he got home late last night. 

"Nah we good" He said, grabbing a iced tea, and quickly trying to make his way to the door. 

"Jarell it's not that damn cold in this house, why you got that hoodie on like that?" I said. "Come here Pookie, lemme see you?" I said, knowing something wasn't right with him. 

"Not right now La" he said, still walking. 

"Jarell.." I said, making him uturn back towards me, shaking his head. 

I squinted my eyes, seeing he had a bruise on his upper cheek. I walked closer to him, pulling his hoodie back, seeing along with the bruise he had a deep gash on his forehead, that looked like it need to be treated. 

"What the hell happened to you Jarell?" I said, walking over grabbing his chin.

"Nothing, I'm good La" he said, moving his face.