14.Him (Rewritten)

Author's Note
So, I'm sure I have officially confused everyone with the name of this part and an author's note at the beginning. I have a good reason for both. I went back and read the original version of Him and I hated it. So, I am being selfish and confusing everyone by rewriting it. I'll leave the original version up for anyone who wants to read it, but I recommend reading this version.

Also, retro_wonderwoman just had to leave the infamous fruit cup with me. It took me forever to discover it. I've already taken my revenge for that. Let's just say that it may have ended up in her bag, again. Thanks for reading. Vote and comment. Ignore the first version, unless you want to suffer through it.

-Panda12Panda12
P.S. The pandas did not protect me from the return of the fruit cup

The day had been uneventful, aside from when I nearly passed out due to my lack of sleep. I had already been given my impossibly long list of chores and had completed most of it. Throughout the day, my stepsisters had been kind and they had even helped me. There was a time when my stepmother showed up and they went back to acting as though they hated me. I understood why they did it. Even if she was cruel, she was still their mother and what child wants their parent to hate them?

I knew the midnight was approaching quickly and I would have to leave to meet Anthony soon. I still had work to finish and I had no idea how much time I would have when I got back to the house to finish it. I already knew that seeing him again would be worth the tight time frame.

I stopped working and left my apron and the list in the kitchen. I doubted anyone would go into the kitchen so late. They probably wouldn't even know that I had left the house at all. I slipped outside and slowly began to walk through the woods and towards the waterfall.

With each step I took, I began to doubt that he would show up. I wanted to believe that he would come, but if I begun to hope that he came and he didn't, I would be crushed. If I lost all hope again, I wouldn't be able to survive it. The dreamer inside me would die and with her would go my will to continue to live in a world that hated me.

I shook my head to chase away such depressing thoughts. If he didn't come, the dreamer in me may be killed, but I wouldn't give up. I now had family to live for. I had something that made my life enjoyable once more. However, if the dreamer was crushed, I doubted she would ever return.

I eventually reached the waterfall and closed my eyes before I walked towards the lake. I didn't want to open my eyes. If I opened my eyes and he wasn't there, I'd lose a part of myself forever. What if he hadn't come? What if he didn't care? What if I'm as worthless as my stepmother says I am? With each second I stood there, I began to doubt myself more and more. I was considering running away. It was the only way to ensure that the dreamer in me stayed alive.

I still stood with my eyes shut tight and I faintly heard the clock signal midnight. Keeping my eyes closed was safe. Opening them was risky. I didn't want to open them and find that he hadn't come once again. There was no way to be disappointed if my eyes were closed.

"Cinderella, I'm here. Please open your eyes" a voice that sounded like Anthony's coaxed.

"How do I know you're really here? What if I have simply imagined you due to how much I want you to be here?" I asked the voice.

"You want me to be here?" He asked. I gave a small nod.

"You'll just have to trust me" he said. I finally made my decision. After all, what's life without a little risk?

I opened my eyes and stared at his eyes. He stood directly in front of me. I din't know how I hadn't felt how close he was before I had opened my eyes.