9

The loud laughters and chatters coming from your fellow peers bounce through the hallway as you make your way out of school.

You really want to get out of here.

The more you come closer to your destination, you can't help but feel like you've forgotten something. A little hammer had been pounding the side of your head ever since the beginning of class, but no matter how much you try to remember it. You can't.

"Y/n, wait up!"

You hear that familiar voice from behind and you halt in your tracks before craning your neck to the direction of the voice.

You're met with a grinning Jimin. His eyes have formed into warm crescent shape. The wave of energy he's showing is almost too much for you.

You watch as he finally stops in front of you, palms rested on both his knees as he pants heavily. You clutch unto your backpack strap, patiently waiting for what the boy has to say.

"You liar." He starts off, wheezing a bit in his words before grabbing your arm in attempts to steady himself.

You slightly stumble from the strength he was giving but you're able to catch yourself. You arch your brow confusingly at his words and he lets go.

Seeing the look you had on, he chuckles heartily and you now can't help but wonder what was so funny. His hands find their way up your hair and he ruffles them aggressively. You bring yourself back from your pondering session to yank his hands away.

"What do you want Jimin?"You ask with slight annoyance in your tone as you try to fix what he messed up. Jimin retracts his hands to wrap them up on his own straps and he scrunches his face in pure disbelief.

"What do you mean what do I want?" He mocks. "I'm going to your place today remember? How could you forget that? Gosh. You're not even that old." He mumbles and thats when it hit you.

You bring a hand up to rub the nape of your neck as you send your friend a rather sheepish smile. "Oh right." You clear your throat. "Let's go."

-

Taehyung watches you with rage from behind the tinted window. For once he thought it'd be a good idea to come pick you up from school despite the risk of exposing his identity. He wanted to surprise you, but it seemed like his idea had sadly backfired. He ended up getting the surprise of his life instead.

He didn't expect to see you laughing so hard as you walk side by side with another boy. Furious would be an understatement.

He felt jealousy building up his system and he clenches his jaw tightly. It looked like you were enjoying his company. Your eyes had squinted as you smile genuinely to whatever he just said. Something you'd rarely do whenever you're with him.

"Your highness?"

His butler calls out questionably from from the entrance of the black vehicle when noticing the Prince just staying put at his seat. Obvious irritation's beaming his eyes as his gaze pierces through the window.

You've already exited the school's gate and no longer was in Taehyung's sight. He frowns before shifting his gaze to stare hard at his fiddling fingers.

The old man chuckles slightly, before stepping inside the vehicle, closing the door behind him before setting himself next to the young boy. He's watched Taehyung grow up, seen his flaws and charms along the way.

The Prince viewed him as a second dad whenever his parents were too busy or out of the Palace. Mr Lee can't help but feel honored by that.

"She's smiling." Taehyung mumbles. "And it's not because of me."

Mr Lee ruffles the young boy's hair before allowing a small laugh to escape him. "Now, now you're highness. Do you remember what I've taught you?"

Taehyung sends the old man a confused look, his words sinking in but not really making any sense.

Mr lee had taught him a lot of things. So he was basically telling him to find a pin inside a hay sack. Which is impossible unless he decides to be kind enough and tell him straightforward.

Taehyung sighs before tearing his gaze away, the thought of you with another boy that wasn't him was pounding his insides and he feels his heart slightly churn.

Practically everyone inside the Palace knew how the Prince had grew so fond of you ever since that day. He'd talk non stop about you from breakfast to dinner, and seeing a smile on his lips never failed to warm every individuals that surrounded him.

Growing up, Taehyung had always locked himself up inside his room since his parents were always busy attending royal activities. A smile from him would always be a rather rare sight. However, even if one does find him smileing. It was never a genuine one.

But, that was until you decided to come into his life and just like that. The boy's life had turned upside down from a gloomy rainy day to a sunny bright one.

"She's mine, Uncle Lee." He mumbles, sniffing slightly as he continues to fiddle with his fingers.

Mr Lee smiles softly before grabbing the young boy's hand and squeezing it slightly. Taehyung locks gazes with his soothing one's, smiling faintly when he's got that hidden message.

Selfish. One of the important things Mr Lee had taught him was not to be selfish. He taught him that in order to be a good King in the future he had to be considerate about others feelings. Selfless in a way and no doubt would he lead his people with ease when the right time comes.

Satisfied with his silent respond, Mr Lee gestures the driver to start the car.  Taehyung leans back on his seat, feeling a rush of calmness taking over his body.

Mr Lee's right. He shouldn't think too much about it. You both were still young and had a long way to go. Hopefully you won't ever get tired of him and still be with him.

"To Miss Y/n's house." Mr Lee says, and Taehyung smiles to himself at the sound of your name.

Soon Y/n. Soon.