6: Frolicking With Jafar's Son

The next school day had came and Maddie was getting stares and whispers left right and centre as she walked down the hallways. She didn't understand why at all, but just kept walking and ignoring. She knew the four VKs were currently in Remedial Goodness 101 while most of the school had a free block. Suddenly she felt a grip on her arm. She turned around swiftly to see that it was her best friend Elyse, daughter of Elsa.

"We need to talk." she whispered harshly.

"Woah hello." Maddie's eyes widened slightly. "Nice to see you too El." Elyse ignored her and dragged her to the room she shared with her cousin, Autumn Bjorgman, the daughter of Anna and Kristoff.

"Oh you found her!" Autumn exclaimed as the two entered.

"Hey Autumn. But El, why are you acting so weird?" Maddie raised her eyebrows. "I don't see what we need to talk about. I haven't done anything to you. I haven't even seen you the past few days."

"So you haven't been frolicking with Jafar's son?" Elyse raised an eyebrow.

"What?" Maddie's eyes widened slightly. "Oh..." she looked down and her cheeks turned pink. Her head shot back up and the blush faded. "Wait. How do you know?"

"Everyone is talking about it." Elyse's tone turned more sour.

"Literally everyone! It's the latest gossip! There's even gossip that someone saw you holding hands. And KISSING out on the tourney field!!" Autumn exclaimed.

"We didn't kiss!" Maddie quickly denied.

"I also heard that you two went walking hand by hand to your room, and, and I quote 'in a fit of passion started making out against the wall and then you dragged him into your room'." Elyse's scowl grew.

"WHAT?!" Maddie exclaimed. Her face turned as red as her hair. "That's not true! Who even said this?!"

"Who do you think Mads?" Elyse rolled her eyes and then raised her eyebrows. "Are you blushing?" she asked, shocked.

"No!" Maddie shook her head.

"Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww that's adorable!" Autumn commented.

"That's not what happened at all. I took him out to the tourney field and taught him how to shoot a bow, then I walked him back to his room, and he..." she stopped. "And that was it."

"What did he do?" Elyse crossed her arms. "And how did people get to the conclusion you kissed?" she demanded.

"You know people like gossip around here!" Maddie sighed. "We definitely didn't kiss. He didn't do anything and neither did I." she said. "I don't know why it matters to you."

"Because... whoops." Autumn covered her mouth. It was the few times she actually had managed to stop herself. Elyse shot Autumn a glare. She then sighed.

"Because you're my best friend and I don't want you to change completely when a stupid bad boy comes along and forget who we really are."

"No one's gonna change me. I was just welcoming them here and actually being nice." Maddie scoffed. "Since when have you known me swoon over any stupid bad boy? Or anyone for that matter." Elyse shrugged.

"Please. All the so called bad boys at Auradon are pansies. And we're all bound to like someone at some point." she said quietly.

"Well I don't. And it's certainly not going to be Jay." Maddie crossed her arms and then tilted her head. "You like someone, don't you?"

"Oh no." Autumn tried to whisper.

"Autumn shut it. No." Elyse said coldly. "I don't. I have in the past. I'm leaving." She said and exited the room quickly.

"Uhmmmm..." Maddie looked back at Autumn.

"I think you should talk to her." she said. "I'll just annoy her even more and she'll get mad at me."

"Uh... okay." Maddie left the room. "El, where'd you go?" she looked left and right, then spying a snowflake on the floor. "That way." she turned right. "More snowflakes would be great right now..."

"I don't want to talk." Elyse's voice came from somewhere.

"Look Autumn told me to come see you." Maddie sighed, trying to follow Elyse's voice to find her. "I'm sorry for whatever I've done to you"

"You didn't do anything," Elyse came from the corner. "It's just a touchy subject..."

"Oh..." Maddie looked at her. "Well you know you can talk about anything with me." she stepped forward.

"This... this... I just can't." Elyse stepped back. "It's a petty thing anyways, just need to get myself together."

"Are you suuuuure?" Maddie crossed her arms.

"Yes, I just need to be alone for a bit. Let's just say I've come to realise some things."

"Fine." Maddie sighed. "But at least a hug? You know I don't just hug people." Elyse nodded and Maddie stepped forward and gently hugged her, and Elyse hugged back.

"I'm sorry..." she muttered, pulling back. She then turned around and disappeared around the same corner she came from initially.

"Alright then..." Maddie raised her eyebrows and turned around. However, she bumped straight into someone's chest.

"Well I didn't think I'd be seeing you again so soon." a voice said. Maddie stepped back.

"Jay?!"