CHAPTER 45

Silence—meaning it's a peaceful day today. Tatia was out on a date with Elijah, Kol was playing video games in his room, Rebekah was painting her nails and Klaus was painting on a canvas in front of me. What a beautiful day indeed.

"I hear a car pulling up." I spoke too soon. Klaus put down his paint brush, while Rebekah sped out the door to see who it was.

"It could be Tatia and Elijah for all we know," Kol said as he made his way down.

"Elijah hates the contraption. Says carriages are more convenient," Klaus stated, crossing his arms.

"It better be the cribs we ordered from Italy," I said, narrowing my eyes at the door. It was a suspenseful moment for us all. Barely anyone knew we lived around here so it was odd to have visitors. Demeter pops up, Marcel knocks, the witches aren't allowed in our territory unless they want to die in the most painful way possible, so who has the gall to step in Mikaelson property?

"You're not going to like who it is," Rebekah stated, walking in the room.

"Who?" My question was answered as the Scooby gang trailed in behind her.

"What are you doing here?" Klaus demanded, "How did you know where we reside?"

"Demeter invited us," Caroline said, "Before you get mad, I know what we did. We don't expect you to forgive us any time soon. But, please, we just wanted to see how you're doing. We brought gifts for the baby!"

"How do we know you're not trying to kill her and the baby?" Kol asked, stepping in front of me.

"Look, I know this seems weird but we just want to make it up to you. Demeter wouldn't trust us with your address if we didn't. Please, just accept a part of ten years-worth of apology," Bonnie begged, desperation laced in voice.

"Rebekah, take their gifts to the kitchen. And hand them some juice, if you don't mind," I instructed, sighing.

"I'm only doing this 'cause you're carrying twice the trouble," Rebekah retorted, "Follow me,"

"You're having twins?" Caroline squealed.

I nodded, saying, "Yeah, six months in. I'll tell you all about it later,"

They followed Rebekah to the kitchen, while I stayed behind with Kol and Klaus.

"I don't want them to stay the night. They leave after dinner. I don't care if you have to bite them. They don't need to be here longer than necessary," I told them. They nodded, with a smirk etched on Kol's face. I got up to get some juice and waddled to the kitchen. I heard them conversing, where I decided to eavesdrop.

"She's having a baby with Klaus! It just...doesn't feel right," Elena stated. I inwardly growled, knowing Elena was barely sorry for what's done.

"Elena, stop. She's been through so much already," Bonnie defended, clearly having enough of Elena's attitude.

"And now she's having the time of her life," Elena protested, wanting them to understand her side.

"But, somehow, she's always the one who gets hurt," Caroline said, sadness evident in her tone.

"Just be happy for her, Elena," Rebekah interrupted, "Jealousy does not suit you,"

I went back to the living room, Kol and Klaus turning their attention to me.

"I changed my mind," I said, "Bonnie and Caroline can stay. Elena can sleep outside,"

"Why?" Kol asked.

"Don't pretend you didn't hear them," I said, rolling my eyes.

"I'll get some help to prepare the guest room," Klaus said, giving me a kiss before flitting upstairs.

"What do I do?" Kol questioned.

"You get to scare Elena way,"

"YES!"