1.7 (Edited)

*first edit*
Note: This chapter is edited. Old comments may not make sense. Unedited first arc chapters will also be slightly off from the edited ones. I can't tell you how satisfying it feels editing these chapters and reworking them with so much better content.

A couple days have passed, but there was still no budging from Sun Hui. Wang Shuo's impatience was slowly rising at his stubbornness. Had he underestimated Sun Hui's curiosity after all?

He hated to admit it, but...he was getting nervous and anxious over this. Why did he depend so much on Sun Hui's attention? Why did he feel like if he didn't get it, he wouldn't be able to survive?

Maybe he should start thinking more deeply and confront the truth. There was something he felt towards Sun Hui, that much was obvious. He had felt concern and worry for the boy, and now it was manifesting to something close to attraction...and rapidly fast.

Hell, he may as well say it now. He liked Sun Hui.

Perhaps he always did, and that's why he bullied him—because he was scared to deviate from the social norms and his parents' expectations on him for the company. Wang Shuo had his first girlfriend in middle school, and he was expected to marry a woman and have children. So when his feelings were instead aimed at another male, he took out his anger and confusion wrongly so at Sun Hui. He then proceeded to date the sister, who at the time looked similar to Sun Hui perhaps he fooled himself into thinking it was Sun Hui. Fooled himself so much that he began believing maybe Sun Lin would be the one he would end up with and that he hated Sun Hui as much as everyone else. When he learned Sun Hui liked him, he became even more confused and used his sexuality as an excuse to hate Sun Hui, when he was just being a hypocrite secretly agonizing the fact he couldn't be with him despite being unaware of that fact.

But then Sun Hui said he didn't like him, starting distancing himself from Wang Shuo and turning away. Wang Shuo became scared, paranoid even, that Sun Hui wouldn't ever like him again. He began doing crazy things, things he probably should've done in the first place, and he began feeling guilty about his past bullying once he realized who exactly he was losing. And his defiance, his resistance, and this whole new person he has become, made Wang Shuo obsessed. It irked him, yet made him so different from the people who kissed his feet wherever he walked. The people in his life were fake, but Sun Hui was as real as can be. So innocent, pure, and undeserving of the treatment he put him through. He couldn't lose him. He would...he wouldn't be able to last in this world without him.

The realization almost made his heart stop. It was a new mindset, something he had to adjust and become used to, but the more he thought about it, the more his heart exhilarated and am excited, giddy smile grew on his face as he felt like suddenly he had become free from a long time burden. He felt like running to him, spinning him around in his arms and confessing like those romantic heroes in dramas.

But he had to freeze. He couldn't do that now without a harsh, cold rejection from Sun Hui. Sun Hui hated him for his past actions, he had made it all clear. Hell, he was probably waiting for karma to strike him as revenge. Wang Shuo wasn't the top of his senior class because he was stupid after all, and he wasn't the heir to his family business because he was reckless either.

He had to calculate his moves in handling Sun Hui. First, he had to handle Sun Lin. And not in the traditional way he broke up with girls, or else Sun Hui would hate him more and Sun Lin might end up taking it out on her poor brother. Second, he had to go through the whole transformation thing. Of course, he wasn't planning on backing out of his deal with Sun Hui, but he would try his best to be better towards him after that. Once Sun Hui begged for all the answers, unable to hold back and dying out of his mind, then he will confess and spend the rest of his life getting Sun Hui to forgive him and like him, and Sun Lin won't be able to ruin a single thing between them like she thought she could.