3 - Black Magic

✧Previously on Chapter Two✧

Louis' mind was a going on a rampage ever since he found out Harry had been poisoned by black magic. No one had seen this kind of magic since back in ancient times, so now that it was suddenly reappearing like this and coming straight for Harry, Louis felt completely out of his element. Magic hadn't been around since wolves were first created thousands of years ago, and even then, magic was shortly destroyed after that. So it was frightening to know that the magic that was used to create wolves could also destroy wolves and that exact thing was currently inside of Harry - that same thing that killed their unborn child. Louis was worried more than anything about having such a strong force poison Harry. He felt clueless about everything right now, and the only thing that was really crossing his mind at the moment was if that black magic was sent to kill Harry. That was the worst thought of them all.

Louis knew these past four years of happiness was surely going to be ruined by something. In the supernatural world, it was an unusual thing for everything to remain so calm for so many years, so Louis really should have expected something to pop up. This whole situation with black magic appearing out of thin air only reminded him that he needed to stay cautious and alert, that he shouldn't be letting his guard down even though there had been no signs of threats anywhere. Someone had to have been out there watching Harry and him - they had to have known they would be in town, and they had to have a reasoning for why they specifically targeted Harry with that black fog. The paranoia Harry had been feeling for months should have been the alarm going off in Louis' head that something was wrong, but he continued to brush it aside in favor of enjoying the peace that they were in. That was Louis' biggest mistake - letting his guard down like that.

But in all honesty, Louis just wanted to believe that everything was finally right in the world. He wanted to enjoy the life he had with his mate and his family knowing that everything was peaceful. He didn't want to let his mind wonder back to fear and constant worry, that was how his life was before Harry had turned into a wolf and he didn't want to repeat the time where he was living in a steady state of stress. So when he finally got his happy ending, he just wanted it. He didn't have any active enemies - no threatening packs - no one sent out to kill his mate, so he really thought he was living the life he deserved, but even then, as a suitable mate to Harry, he still should have looked into the mass paranoia Harry was living in because maybe, just maybe, he could have prevented the black magic from ruining everything.

Louis ended up leaving Harry at their cabin with the children so he could hopefully find some answers. He knew the triplets were the best distraction for Harry right now, and they were able to provide a certain kind of comfort that Louis wasn't able to, so he trusted their protective instincts to make sure Harry would be okay while he was out of the house. He wanted to talk to Robin about everything since Robin had been around for a long time. He was there when the magic was first used to create wolves, and he was there when the magic had suddenly disappeared, so Louis was really hoping Robin would be a good person to talk to about what happened with Harry.

He followed the path from the cabin all the way to Anne's house, the place Robin had been living in after he and Anne made their relationship official. He walked up to the front door and knocked for someone to come answer. While he waited, he suddenly felt nerves rise in his system, feeling slightly queasy at the thought of the worst possible answers Robin could give him. He didn't want to think the worst, but currently, Louis had nothing else to go off of and all he could think about was this black magic slowly killing Harry from the inside out. Anne suddenly opened the door while Louis continued having his mental crisis. The bright smile she had on her face tilted in to a frown when she realized how tensed and frightened Louis look. She walked up to the boy and tried to ease him with a hand on his shoulder, rubbing out his tight muscles.