ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ

| TRUTH COMES OUT |

ѕaмι

Things were crazy yesterday. Especially, the fact that the CEO that I meant yesterday was my ex. I knew something wasn't right when Hoseok wanted to talk. Honestly, what is the best way to ignore and not have to answer his questions?

Play the sleepy card.

After a while, he would just stop asking and leave me alone. But I knew it wouldn't last long. I knew for a fact, he was either going to ask me again or go to him.

So here it was the next day, I was supposed to go back to the building to look at more models. Hoseok and Tyla decided to stay behind in the hotel.

Honestly, I don't blame them. The driver from yesterday picked me up from the hotel and drove me back to the building.

We arrived and he opened the door for me to get out. Taking a deep breath, I head inside.

"Here I go again."

The doors automatically opened up and I walked inside. I noticed the same receptionist from yesterday sitting at the front desk. She glanced up and looked at me and to my amazement, her personality was totally different.

She stood up and bowed to me before escorting me to the elevator.

"They're waiting for you." She said before pressing the button on the elevator.

The door closed for me and the elevator led me to the same floor from yesterday. I walked out of the elevator but to my astonishment, I was met by a totally different person.

"I thought I was meeting Mr. Shunsuke," I stated.

The man who had his hand out for me to shake. He smiled at me and directed me to one of their meeting rooms. "Unfortunately, Mr. Shunsuke had an emergency that he needed to take care of, I will be handling his affairs for today. Right this way, Ms. Mitchell."

Honestly, something didn't sit right but I didn't have any other choice but to follow this gentleman.

Could this day get any worse?

~~~~

нoѕeoĸ

SIGH

If Sami knew what I was doing, she would definitely kill me. But I had no other choice. I needed to know and wanted to find out.

Daito had given me his contact information when Sami stepped out to take Tyla to the restroom. So when Sami wouldn't answer any of my questions, I had no other choice.

I called him and he told me to meet him at the park that wasn't that far from the hotel that we were staying in.

Since Sami would be at his office it was honestly the perfect opportunity to talk to him. I got Tyla dress to take her along with me. I called a cab and provided him with the destination information.

Deep down, my gut was telling me not to do it, but my heart was telling me to do it. We arrived at the park and I noticed him sitting on one of the benches. He was scrolling through his phone when he noticed me with Tyla coming over to him.

He smiled at Tyla before moving his eyes towards me. "She looks just like Sami."

I kissed my teeth towards that comment, "she gets that a lot."

He laughed out loud at my remark before slipping his phone into his jacket's pocket. He placed his hands behind his back and stared out at the open area.

"I bet she just as feisty as Sami, never backing down from anything, huh?" He asked me.

I nodded my head.

It was true, Sami was the type who never backed down from anything. Truthfully, that's what caught my attention about her.

"Did you know that she stood up for me when I first moved to the states? I didn't know that much English and was bullied because of it. She was the first person to stand up for me. After that, no one messed with me. Someone who didn't know me was standing up for an outcast like me. She even was nice enough to help me with my English."

He chuckled for a second before continuing, "the more that we spent together feelings started to develop. It was truly something special since I was raised to only be with one type of race. But Sami was different, she didn't see color just me. We dated all through high school and some of the college. I was her first love, first relationship and so on."

He looked over towards Tyla who was playing near us. He cleared his throat, "I asked her to marry me and she said yes. I honestly felt nothing could come between us until my parents flew in and saw who I was with. I told them about Sami but never what complexion she was, so when they saw her, disgust was written all over their faces."

He got up and kicked a clump of dirt on the ground. "I guess you can figure out what happened after that. A part of me felt I should have fought for our relationship but I also wanted to obey my parents as well. I left her without any explanation until now and this is the first time I've seen her in over ten years. And to say she seems happy with you."

I grabbed a rock and tossed it into the pond. "If she so happy with me then why won't she marry me?"

He stood next to me and placed a hand on my shoulder as I stuffed my hands in my pocket.

"Are you serious?" he asked me.

I nodded my head confirming his question.

He rubbed his hand on his chin, "maybe there's something holding her back."

I turned to look at him.

Honestly, that was the same thing that Namjoon said as well. Why could everyone else see it but me?

"What is it?" I asked.

He looked at me before turning back and looking over to Tyla. He smiled once again as she was now picking up tiny flowers. He pulled out his phone and slide it to the side before pressing a few buttons.

"Hello...is she still there? I bet she is....I'm on my way back, so let her know that."

He hung up the phone and turned back to me.

"I will talk to her and hopefully this will work."

Hoseok was confused.

What will work? And what was he planning?

~~~~

A/N: Yes, what is Daito thinking of doing? Curious minds want to know too

SONG POSTED: Mai Kuraki ~Time After Time