Ask Us Anything

** This fan fiction does not confine to reality. Bits of here and there were compiled together to create this story. Characters, songs, and other shows mentioned in the story are credited to their own rightful owners.

*** The next two chapters will serve as an introduction for the main character, Ash Lee. You can simply skip the two but I highly recommend you read it as well. Her brief history and some additional facts will be given out while she's on the variety show, Ask Us Anything. It's a show situated in a classroom setting wherein the cast members try to get to know more about the guest. You could check some clips on YouTube to imagine the scenes precisely. Thank you and enjoy reading.

Back to present

"One, two, three, action!" The slate clapped and multiple cameras started to roll. The smell of brewed coffee and doughnuts surrounded the studio and silent whispers were exchanged between the camera director and the PD-in-charge.

Today is their special 150th episode and the staff are expecting to get at least 8.0% nationwide audience viewership ratings since they invited a well-known guest. That would beat their highest record of 7.5% when they invited the international singer-performer Psy.

After a few more minutes, the door opened and a man dressed neatly in a high school uniform entered and dragged a chair from the back of the classroom.

Extreme excitement overflowed the set while on the other hand, there was a woman that wiped her sweaty palms on the hem of her skirt due to nervousness. She inhaled with deep breaths and told herself that everything will go well as planned. She was in an enclosed, small space but fortunately, she managed to fit her slender body for the meantime. If this gets any longer she might just open the doors herself. She doesn't really have the heart to ruin everything but the staff's idea of a big surprise was to place her inside a closet while waiting for the members to arrive.

"Congratulations on our 150th episode Kim PD! I will continue to do my best and look forward to filiming more episodes with you." The man with the scruffy voice, Lee Sang Min, bowed to the staff and looked around. He's the former rapper of a Korean hip hop group RooRa back in the 90s. "Oh, looks like I'm the first one to arrive." He said as he took a seat. "These guys are really getting later week after week. You should scold them PD-nim."

After fumbling for a few more minutes, he decided to take a selfie and post it on his SNS. He went to the salon earlier than usual to get his hair done in a sleek, brushed up style. He captioned it with "150th episode of Ask Us Anything filming today yay ~~ Stay tuned for our special guest!".

After posting it, comments flowed peaking the netizens' interest on who's the invited guest while others showed their continued love and support for the artist and for the show.

As if on cue, the door opened again and three pairs of footsteps entered the classroom. They wore similar clothing with Sang Min but styled differently.

"Hello Sang-min hyung! You're early again today." Min Kyung Hoon, the youngest cast and lead vocalist of the rock band BUZZ, bowed to his sunbae and to the staff. "Congratulations and thank you for your hard work everyone." He shyly smiled while fixing his glasses on the bridge of his nose and plopped himself on his seat.

The comedian and radio host Kim Yeong Cheol then exclaimed. "Congratulations on our 150th episode! Even if the ratings reach 10.0%, I will vow to never leave this show."

The members reminded him of the time he said that he'll leave if the ratings reached 5.0%. "I was bluffing then!" He insisted.

"Congratulations Kim PD! It's about time you treat us to dinner." Lee Soo Geun, a short but witty comedian, joked and made everyone chuckle with agreement. "You're always early, you must be given an award for that." He patted Sang Min's shoulder while walking towards his seat.