Chapter 3

(3rd Person + 2 days after Riser's death)

Ravel Phenex was in the living room of the mansion her family owned, her brothers had already moved out, her parents were confined to their room. Riser's peerage were with her, all of them affected in their own way. Even if Riser was a jerk, an asshole, he took them all in when they had nowhere else to go. His rooks, his pawns, his bishops and his queen, all of them had similar horrible backgrounds: slaves, abandoned, forced to leave homes and even some lost their family and friends.

Most of them joined Riser because of his promise for power, some for promise of having a family. In the end, they all had their heads down in both shame and disbelief when it was revealed who Riser really way, sure, they know he was building his own harem and someone who would resort to extreme tactics to get what he want, the biggest example being the arranged marriage with Rias and the fact the only way out was through the Rating Game.

Ravel: We need to talk about this...

Isabela (Rook): Is there any point? The king is dead, we'll be classified as rouge devils and be hunted down.

Yubelluna (Queen): So no different from before meeting Lord Riser then?

Mihae (Bishop): You too?

Yubelluna: All of us have had rough pasts, I thought Riser brought me in because of that... turns out I was only half-right: he took me in for my looks and used my past to convince me to become a part of his peerage... I fell in love because I honestly thought he cared about us, turns out he's just like that pawn piece from Gremory's peerage, only worse.

Ni (Pawn): Well... we're just gonna have to find a new master!

Li (Pawn): That's right!

Siris (Knight): Unfortunately that's not possible.

Ravel: Why's that?

Siris: Ever since Lord Riser's crime was revealed, the Phenex family has been cast in a dark light, even us who were a part of his peerage have been shunned, tormented and reminded of our former king's murder, it's not just your family Ma'am who've been affected, but us too.

Karlamine (Knight): Meaning... we won't be able to live in peace... we'll be tormented all our lives once again.

Ravel looked up in guilt, even if it wasn't her. It was Riser, her brother and a part of the Phenex house who murdered all those orphans and basically forced Rias into a marriage contract, she knew each one of the pieces personally, and she knew they had all been through a lot before meeting her brother.

Ravel: I'll find someone...

All of them: What?

Ravel: I'll find someone to take us in, to become the king piece, but first, I'll have to talk to the Lord Sirzechs about getting Riser's king piece, after all, without that we won't get anywhere.

Burent (Pawn): But...

Shuriya (Pawn): Who would dare to take on the burden of the hatred of the whole of the underworld? There's not a devil alive I know who would attempt it...

Ravel: Maybe not a devil...

The rest of the pieces looked up in confusion at their temporary leader, even Yubelluna saw Ravel as their temporary king considering she is Riser's sister.

Ravel: This is the riskiest and most daring, but at the same time humiliating move I'm going to pull, but... there's only one person alive who can take us in, someone who the underworld will know not to mess with... someone they know is stronger than Riser ever was...

Xuelan (Rook): Hang on now Ravel! You don't mean...

Ravel: Riser's murderer... (Y/N) (L/N).

The room instantly fell into silence, all of the girls held faces of: disbelief, fear, sorrow, anger and slight hope.