Chapter 10: The park {Edited}

|Yeah I know she's cute but she's mine. Touch her and I'll kill you.|

Xavier's Pov:

I woke up and groaned as my head was paining. Damn, I went hard again on the drink. I was so going to kill Ryan for dragging me in this drinking competition.

"Hey, you okay?" Asked a voice and I opened my eyes. I saw Grace holding a baby and I rubbed my eyes to see whether I was dreaming or not.

And no I was not dreaming. There was a baby in her arm looking at me confused. I looked down and found a girl behind Grace's legs looking at me frowning.

"Here take this," Grace said giving me a glass of water. I took it and she handed me a pill which I think is aspirin. I gulped them and she took the glass away from me.

"You should sleep. It will calm the hangover." She said and I nodded. I laid back on the bed and closed my eyes.

---

I woke up again feeling much better. I sighed and went out of the bed. I walked in the bathroom and saw that I was still wearing the clothes from yesterday.

Thinking about yesterday, how did I end up here? I don't remember such things. I remember taking part in a competition and won it.

I brushed my teeth and when I looked at the mirror I saw faint red prints on my cheeks. I groaned as memory of the girl who slapped me came to me.

I took a shower and wore a blank white shirt and a sweatpant. I walked downstairs and found the kids with Grace in the living room. Grace had the baby in her hand while the little girl was playing with Grace's hair. This time, I noticed Grace's outfit and damn she looked beautiful.

"Morning," I said.

"More like afternoon." Grace chuckled and I sighed.

"Who are these two cuties?" I asked eyeing both of them.

"This is Lia and her brother Jay." She introduces us.

"And Lia this is Xavier," Grace said and Lia nodded.

"Nice to meet you," Lia said and I smiled.

"Same to you sweetie," I said walking toward them.

"Easy with my hair Lia." Grace hissed a little.

"Sorry," Lia said but still continue to work for her hand in her hair.

"Oh well, I have to change his diaper. Lia stays with Xavier I will be back soon." Grace said and stood up. She walked upstairs and Lia remained on her seat.

"So what do you wanna do?" I asked breaking the silence.

"I am getting bored." She said looking around.

"How about we go to the park. It's not too far." I said and she squealed loudly.

"Yes yes yes, I want to go!" She stood up running toward me. I pick her up and place her on my laps.

"Well let your brother and Grace come downstairs then we will leave ok?" I said and she nodded. I kissed her forehead and she giggled.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Only Gracie do that to me." She said smiling

"Well, now I will too," I said and pecked her forehead again.

Grace came back with Jay in her arms. Jay laid his head on her shoulder as he played with the hem of her shirt.

"The kids are bored here let's go to the park," I suggested and Lia squealed again.

"Please Gracie. Please." She said pouting. Grace chuckled and nodded.

"Fine let's go to the park." She said and Lia jumped excitedly. Damn, I forgot how kids have more energy at this age.

"You guys go in the car I have to get some stuff for Jay, just in case." She said and I nodded. I picked Lia in my arm and she sat on my hips. I walked toward the car and sat with her in the back. I called the driver and he was here soon. Later Grace came with a bag and an almost sleeping Jay. She sat down and I took the bag from her.

Jay leaned on her chest and closed his eyes sleeping peacefully. Lucky little baby.

---

We arrived at the park and Lia almost runs off but thank god I caught her in time. I put her to sit on my shoulder as we walked around. Grace had taken the baby blanket and had covered Jay with it. I wrapped one of my arms around her waist and felt her leaned into me.

I walked her to a bench and she sat down.

"Play with me!" Lia asked me as I put her down.

"What do you want to play?" I asked looking around.

"Try to catch me!" With that, she ran away and I heard Grace's chuckled.

"Goodluck with her she is very energetic." She said and I nodded.

"I noticed that," I said before running toward Lia. She squealed trying to hide and run away. I run a little less fast as I could have caught her too easily.

She hides behind a bush and I walked the other way to make a short cut. I slowly walked behind her. She was looking in front trying to find me.

"Boo!" I shouted and she screamed. She turned and pouted.

"That's not funny." She said and I chuckled.

"Come on princess your turn to catch me now," I said and runoff. She run after me. She was close to me but her small hand could not catch me. My eyes widened when she slipped but somehow I managed to hold her before she lands on the ground.

"Thank you!" She said.

"That's all right," I replied and she smiled.

"Got you!" She screamed and I raised an eyebrow.

"That's cheating," I said and she giggled.

"No. It's not." She shrugged and I let her.

"Fine, you won," I said and she squealed happily.

"Let's go and check on Jay and Grace ok?" I asked and she nodded. We walked back to the bench. Grace was holding a wide awake Jay and there was a man sitting beside her. She looked uncomfortable.

"I know you are a single mother by the way you are sitting here alone. You can come with me, I helped women like you" He said moving closer to her. Way too closer.. I clenched my fist and walked closer to them.

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
LovelyShifah
;)