Chapter 24

Theo POV

     "Can you let me in? Please?" I mouthed through the window. It was around twelve am. She was lying on her bed facing the window. She rolled her eyes and walked slowly towards the window after getting up.   She slowly raised the window and I climbed in and hugged her. Her hands didn't wrap around me like usual.

     "Nana knows I've been seeing you, and she's mad as shit," she shoved me back and huffed, "What in your white ass mind made you think that was a good idea Theodore?"

     "Look I'm sorry, I should've told you I was going to see her, but she said it was okay to date you!" I lifted her up and laid her on the bed.

     "Yeah I know, I had a big talk with her...most of it was about sex, I'm not getting pregnant," she scoffed.

     "Alright...that's fine, I don't want you getting pregnant either," I shrugged.

     "Theodore..." she sighed, "I really hope you don't break your promise you told her." She looked for any doubt in my eyes.

     "Oh! Si tu pouvais lire dans mon coeur, tu verrais la place où je t'ai mise!"

-Flaubert

     "Theo, I don't know what you just said but it sounded sexy as hell," she laughed and laid her head on my chest. I smiled and played in her hair.

It's a French quote, it means 'If you could read my heart you would see that place I have given you there'."

     "That's beautiful," her thumb ran across my chest. Feeling warm next to her I wanted to attack her with kisses.

     "You're beautiful Collae," I could sense her smiling against my chest. She turned her head down a little. I hated that she turned away from me when I complimented her. I wanted her to be confident in her beauty.

     "You're so cute Theo, I'm glad you'll be my first," she bubbled.

"I'm grateful to be your first baby," I whispered to her laying a small kiss to her temple. I was happy I would be the one to have Collae, she deserved the best and I wanted to give her my very best and make it an experience she would love.

~~~

It was finally the night of the formal. Me and Collae decided that black was the best color for us considering she looked hot as fuck in it and that black didn't clash with my hair much. I couldn't wait to see how beautiful she looked tonight I had to be early to her place so I could bring her to mine after for a little. My family really wanted to take pictures of us before we left.

My father let me wear his old Dior suit and tie and threatened to kill me if I ruined it. My family genuinely enjoyed Collae and hoped to continue seeing her and my father wanted me to make a good impression on her.

I knocked on her door lightly with a bouquet of roses with a couple of twenties wrapped in them, I took money from my savings account to put into it. I wanted to spoil Collae tonight and treat her like the princess she was. That wasn't my only gift to her tonight I had something else waiting for her in the car.

The door opened and I was greeted by Collae's nana, "Good Evening Theodore, you look very handsome." She moved out the door frame and signaled for me to come in.

"Thank you Miss Ekua, you look beautiful yourself, do you have a date tonight?" I asked her playfully.

"Stop tryna' make me blush, I have no plans this evening, only seeing my baby off with her date, she should be down soon...Collae hurry up, your lil' friend is waiting!" She shouted down the hall of Collaes room. I guess she still didn't want to address me as her boyfriend and I was fine with that, she knew what was up.